This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Passion or Profit? How To Monetize Niches

How to do keyword research, find trends, locate niches, etc. Tools, methods, ideas and Q&A can be found here...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Passion or Profit? How To Monetize Niches

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:29 pm

I have just posted a new tutorial on how to monetize niches you arent personally familiar with or passionate about:

[url=http://www.clicknewz.com/1225/passion-vs-profit/]Passion vs Profit: How To Monetize A Niche
You Know Absolutely Nothing About...
[/url]

Enjoy! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Passion or Profit

Postby California Jerry » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:55 am

Looks great Lynn, thanks for sharing your ideas. How's the music site coming, by the way? Traffic? Conversions? Profitable?
California Jerry
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:31 am

I just put it up Monday night - a few days ago - so its still a case study in progress ;) I'll be posting updates on ClickNewz as I go.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby LaneLester » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:41 am

I also appreciate that topic, because no one wants to spend any money on the things that interest me! :cry:

I skimmed your blog post (I have to do a lot of skimming to survive), and I failed to see anything about promoting your BANS or other sites. Promotion is the big stopper for me in terms of niches where I'm not an expert. It seems the gurus say you should promote:
    to your lists (I have none)
    to niche forums where you establish yourself as an expert (!)
    to social bookmarking (I still don't have a handle on that)
    to blog comments about the same niche (seems very slow, and the post pages seem to have no PR)
Lane
LaneLester

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:05 am

LaneLester wrote: I failed to see anything about promoting your BANS or other sites. Promotion is the big stopper for me in terms of niches where I'm not an expert.

Hi Lane,

Yes, marketing was not the topic of that post - but rather where to start with market research and site development in niches where you are not familiar with the product or the market.

I'll be using 'the usual' methods for promoting my own BANS site:
http://www.clicknewz.com/633/traffic-ti ... new-sites/
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby angienewton » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:15 pm

I know this post was quite some time ago but I did want to say that I found the blog post extremely helpful even for someone who does know a bit about her niche LOL. I have to hear things over and over to 'get it' and I know you have talked about doing an ebay search before and putting how in front of my basic keywords but the light bulb is going off now *wink*

Thanks for all of your great info, Lynn!
angienewton
Elite Member

Return to Market Research