This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Clickbank As A Researcher?

How to do keyword research, find trends, locate niches, etc. Tools, methods, ideas and Q&A can be found here...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Clickbank As A Researcher?

Postby Griffin Lilly Jr » Wed May 24, 2006 4:32 pm

Aloha everyone,

I was wondering if one could figure out niche markets by looking at Clickbank's Marketplace and/or Linkshare, etc? :?:
Griffin Lilly Jr

Postby Kirk » Wed May 24, 2006 7:50 pm

Absolutely. In fact, the *Underachiever Method* popularized by Frank Kern and Ed Dale focuses on Clickbank to farm profitable ideas. If you do a Google Search on *Underachiever* you'll likely find a few free videos that detail how-to do it. They have some metrics they've worked out, but it seemed logical when I watched it.

I did a seminar with Ed last year in London and he's obviously a smart guy, but he understands that there's a lot more money in "selling picks and shovels" than digging for the gold yourself. He's a great salesman, but I do think he over does it on how "easy it is" to make money on the web - it ain't.

Additionally, even though Frank Kern has had some run-ins with the FTC from some of his Internet businesses - the materal is actually pretty good, just very expensive. I picked up a copy on eBay for way under *list* price.

Another great source of ideas is eBay. Search for "how-to" and "learn to" in different sections and see what selling. I've got some sources of online lists of magazines too - this is a great source for niches as well. I'll dig up it up and post it a bit later...
Kirk

Re: Clickbank As A Researcher?

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:17 am

The Griffin Lilly Jr wrote:I was wondering if one could figure out niche markets by looking at Clickbank's Marketplace and/or Linkshare, etc? :?:

Yes, and it's a very smart and effective technique to find lots of high demand, highly profitable niche markets and product ideas.

Doing a niche research at ClickBank can be even better than using Google, because 99% of people who are selling their products at ClickBank are usually savy Internet marketers with a good knowledge of Internet marketing.

So most probably they have done a complete research about the topic they have chosen before creating their product and have found out it's high demand and very profitable.

Now compare it to Google where the results for a specific keyword will bring you a list of websites whose owners might not know anything about market research.

That's why I think the markets and ideas you get from ClickBank are much more reliable and profitable.
Ladan Lashkari

And what if ClickBank does not have....

Postby rayfellers » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:50 pm

What if I have something of interest to me for a product, but no one is currently offering it. After all, someone has to be first.

What is the best research avenue for that? I am using Keyword Elite as well as NicheBot 2 for my research.

Comments anyone?
rayfellers

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:46 pm

There are two reasons that may be the case: 1) its not a profitable niche, or 2) you truly are the first to think of it. The most common way to determine which is the case is to put up a "flycatcher page" prior to developing and launching an actual product. You should be able to search that term for more details on it.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanks for the tip

Postby rayfellers » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:02 pm

I have not heard the term "flycatcher page" before, and I've been around for quite a while. I guess I've not been around the right circle.

Thanks again, Ray
rayfellers

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:14 pm

Its an interesting method. You should be able to find details by googling the term. If you have any questions, let us know! Might make for a great new thread ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby visit_faraz » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:04 am

flycatcher page is something that the underacheivers speak about. As far as i know They talk about all this in the 30 day challenge which is free and is very educative.

bye,
faraz
visit_faraz

Postby Li Weng » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:54 am

ClickBank is not bad, and also if you want to decide whether or not a particular product is worth to promote, here's what you can do:

Go to CBtrends - cbtrends.com

click on "performance tracking"

Enter the vendor ID into the box

And click on Get Performance Data
Li Weng

Return to Market Research