[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is a private domain name an advantage or disadvantage? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is a private domain name an advantage or disadvantage?

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Is a private domain name an advantage or disadvantage?

Postby RKramkowski » Tue May 02, 2006 5:26 pm

In looking on GoDaddy to purchase domain names, I see they offer a thing called private domain registration. Exactly what is this and is this something I want to do if I'm creating websites where I'll be selling products and services?

Thanks,

Bob
RKramkowski

Postby Domain Name Guy » Tue May 02, 2006 5:48 pm

Domain Name Guy

yes...

Postby calvinchin » Tue May 02, 2006 11:40 pm

calvinchin

Postby Damon » Wed May 03, 2006 2:00 am

Damon

Postby Domain Name Guy » Wed May 03, 2006 5:38 pm

Domain Name Guy

Postby Paul Wolbers » Thu May 04, 2006 3:44 pm

Hi Bob

It's been my experience that unless you've got something to hide... It's a good idea not to hide your domain info, especially if your running a sales site.

Hidden information gives the impression that you may not be on the level with your business practices. I and many other online spenders that I know, often look at this information before making an online buying decision. Personally, if I can't easily access your domain info, I won't be spending any money at your site.

You can't be public and private at the same time and realistically expect people to trust you.

Paul :)
Paul Wolbers

Postby ChristyK » Sat May 06, 2006 8:23 pm

1and1 offers free private registrations with their domains. I use them to keep my personal data from scrapers and to keep my identitly secret on my adsense sites. As mentioned by others, I would not use it for a site where I am trying to sell something and my identity and trustworthiness is under scrutiny. 1and1 sets up an email account for you that forwards all messages to the email that you have set up with them. A toll free number is provided but is just a recording telling people that they have to use the form to contact me. Seems like a pretty good setup. Though, I remember reading something on their site with a recent registration that was unsettling, but cannot seem to find it again. I'll have to keep searching.

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Postby weblord » Thu May 11, 2006 4:53 am

weblord

Postby Bina Omar » Sat May 13, 2006 11:19 pm

If you're planning to register you domain name with GoDaddy, you might want to check out this post by Paul Myer on "Just say NoDaddy" at :
http://www.talkbiz.net/ramblings/weblog.php

I have all my domains with GoDaddy except for my main domain name which is a .com.au

And so far, my mailing list uses that domain name.

If you're planning to use your GoDaddy registered domain name with your mailing list, you may want to think twice.

~ Bina.
Bina Omar
Elite Member

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting