[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anyone with HostGator? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anyone with HostGator?

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Anyone with HostGator?

Postby Bina Omar » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:43 am

Bina Omar
Elite Member

Good so far

Postby Jason Christensen » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:54 am

I have been using HostGator for about 4 months with good results so far. I use the $9.95 Baby plan and like the fact that I can add additional domains for free. They have lots of tools and reports for research.

My signature has my domain.
Jason Christensen

Postby Jim Guinn » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:29 am

The first site in my sig is hosted with HostGator. I had a few other sites, but I closed them.

I find their support to be very good.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby CorpRebel » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:46 pm

Our own Lynn Terry here at SSWT uses them!

THAT ought to say something! :wink:

I used them about 2 years ago and was disappointed with their customer support which had alot of problems back then.

BUT ... Now I'm hearing from ALOT of people (like Lynn) that are now using them and it seems that everything at HG is 1000% better than it was way back then.

Shortly, I'm gonna start using them again for a couple of smaller sites. If you have many sites, it's a good idea to spread them around a bit, i.e. different hosts.

The "price is right"! :lol:

My 3 centz anyway ...

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby Bina Omar » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:13 pm

Thanks Jason, Jim and Rick.

I'm very concern about the support. I currently run a lot of scripts on my site
and from time to time they do give me problems.

With my current web host, support takes about 15-30 minutes to reply to
all my responses. And we would trade messages continuously like this until
the problem at hand is solved. And it's been like this no matter when I
contact them during the day.

The only thing with them is I find that my sites are taking longer to load
this past few months. Plus I'm running out of disk space on my current
hosting plan. I notice that HostGator offers five times more space for the
same price.

Can anyone give me an estimate of how long it takes for a support ticket
to be responded to? I've tried contacting their live support for sales and
that was instant.

I remember once upon a time ago, I had a hosting account with GoDaddy.
They took more then 24 hours to reply and even longer over the weekend
and when you're running an online business, this is way too long to wait.
Especially when your customers are complaining.

Anyway, any feedback on this much appreciated.
Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:31 pm

Hi Bina,

I am hosting my new blog at HostGator: http://www.ClickNewz.com and have been VERY pleased with the service & support so far. They offer a toll free number AND live chat support from their main page. The response time is very few seconds - I was impressed.

I use & recommend them! :arrow:
Last edited by Lynn Terry on Thu May 11, 2006 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Marc Meole » Mon May 08, 2006 11:31 am

They also have very good live support.
Marc Meole

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon May 08, 2006 8:02 pm

I had to post about this in another thread, so I'll copy it here:

It would be fair to state that since I posted this (above), my site that is hosted with HostGator has been down 3 times. Not for too terribly long, mind you - and they responded quickly to my requests - but I was disappointed nonetheless. (edit: )

I just met with Globat last week while I was in Boston, so plan to speak with them in more detail about their accounts over the next few days. Anyone have personal experience with them?
Last edited by Lynn Terry on Thu May 11, 2006 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby California Jerry » Wed May 10, 2006 8:54 am

I've been using Hostgator for about two years and they have always been top notch. They are responsive to my requests for help both on 24-hr live chat and phone, and I have been happy with them. What Lynn says about her experience of them having down time concerns me so I would want to check into that. I would call them and ask what happened and what they are doing to prevent it happening again. I think any hosting company can potentially have problems. Hostgator uses Unix Servers, gives you lots of space, bandwidth, tools, low cost, good affiliate program, they have a long history of success, so I would definitely give them a serious look.

Here are two interviews with their founder, Brent Oxley

California Jerry
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 10, 2006 9:25 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Web Hosting Education

Postby Wally » Wed May 10, 2006 7:08 pm

Hello Lynn,

I see that you are promoting host gator. where is their email address
or support email address. i do not know any thing about ftping
and how to use the various utilities. I need to start doing something
to get my feet wet. I have been a long term procratinator it
it does not make any sense

Thank You,

Walter
Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu May 11, 2006 12:29 am

Walter, if you read the post above yours... you'll find that I recently had some issues with HostGator. You can visit their site (hostgator.com) if you would like to get their contact information, though. There's also a banner for Globat at the bottom of this page - this is a host I have just started using with some of my newer sites.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu May 11, 2006 7:13 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby California Jerry » Sun May 14, 2006 5:52 pm

Here are some hosting comparison sites I found that look good.

California Jerry
Elite Member

Postby RKramkowski » Tue May 16, 2006 12:00 pm

Hi all,

I decided to go with Hostgator at this point... I have several domains over there now and am in the process of building out a forum and three business-related sites. I've done all my communications with them through the ticketing system and have found that their responsiveness has been good - even at 2am! In general , their assistance has been quite good and right-on, but several times I had to reclarify what I was asking for, particularly how addon domains worked within their structure.

I wanted to keep my directory structure clean and wanted the top-level folders for all domains at the same level but it appears that the addons have to be folders within the main domain. While there's nothing technically wrong with that, it goes against my sense of order in structuring directories and files.

Bob
RKramkowski

Next

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting