[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Quick suggestions for cheap web host w/ cgi • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Quick suggestions for cheap web host w/ cgi

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Quick suggestions for cheap web host w/ cgi

Postby quantikev » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:17 pm

Hello community.

In the process of building a website for a small home business. This site is mainly just to establish an 'online presence' for the local area, and needs are simple.

The site will use formmail, so cgi is required.

The owner would like to keep recurring expenses to a minimum, so I am looking for a very cheap host that is paid yearly.

I've had excellent luck with a free provider, atspace, but unfortunately no cgi.

Any suggestions you can offer are appreciated!
quantikev

Postby Kirk » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:41 pm

A couple of cheapy hosts I use are www.hostprince.com as well as the stripped down godaddy.com hosting plan (stripped means you get all the programming languages, but the stats reporting is thin). You should be able to grab either one of these for less than $4/month.

Of the two, hostprince.com (btw, this is not my reseller site or an affilate redirect - somebody actually named their company this - go figure ;) ) is my preference. AwStats for reporting,excellent response time (somewhere around 40ms last time I pinged it), Fantastico install for Wordpress - all that for $2.95 mo.
Kirk

Postby WebzPro » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:23 pm

You might want to take a look at

Many of us hosts post our adds here. You can look in the advertising forum find a host that fits your needs then you can do a search on that host in the forum and see how current and past customers have thought of their services.
WebzPro

Postby ldylion214 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:58 pm

I use http://easycgi.com. I've always been pleased.
ldylion214

Cheap webhost

Postby azali » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:54 am

I dont know with you, but I already spent hours to find the cheapest offer. The cheapest one I found so far with basic hosting is at .

Still looking alternatives best deal. Anyone.

-azali-
, provides cheap air flights travel tips.
azali

What about value in sites, not only cheap?

Postby RKramkowski » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:29 am

While cheap is a consideration, what are the must-haves for a hosting selection in order to get value in order to continue to make my sites and content better?

What are some of the indicators to use to determine the effectiveness of any site?

Stats were mentioned... what's important to track at the beginning, vs once you have an active site?

What about some of those free, and not free sites where you put in a link that can track all sorts of stuff? When does it become overkill?

Are the considerations different for hosting a forum?

How do they specify service levels for uptime and availability and upload/download speeds? Or do I specify what I want and are willing to pay for?

I've also read that crosslinking between your own sites from the same hosting company can get you banned from search engines because one thing they look at is the IP addresses. If all crosslinking is from one hosting company, they'll pick that up.

Thanks,
Bob
RKramkowski

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:35 pm

I like FULL stats (and multiple stats packages). Uptime. Fast loading. Super quick support response. Plenty of space and bandwidth. I love cPanel and the one-click installs through Fantastico. Those are pretty much 'requirements' for me. Under $10/month is a GREAT deal considering you can host multiple domains/sites on one account at HostGator.

I dont do a lot of heavy interlinking, and none at all with unrelated sites, so I dont worry about that issue...

If you want to check it out, the SSWT Link for HostGator is:
https://secure.hostgator.com/cgi-bin/af ... gi?id=sswt

There are A LOT of good hosts out there, and plenty of good deals. It's good to find several, and not to 'put all of your eggs in one basket' ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby weblord » Thu May 11, 2006 5:04 am

weblord

Postby easycheap » Tue May 16, 2006 1:27 am

easycheap

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting