[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hosting issues • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hosting issues

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Hosting issues

Postby Barbara » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:51 pm

Hello Everyone,

My first post here, though I've been reading for awhile and know some of you from other sites in cyberworld. I've learned much just from reading here. It's a wonderful resource. Thank you Lynn!

My question revolves around hosting. I've been hosting with Crystal Tech and have no problems. However, I needed more space for audio and I wanted the easy ability to install wordpress.

I signed up with HostGator this past week. They transferred my site. I was unaware of the difference between hosting on a windows based platform and a linux based one...and I'm not finding out. It's not been the best experience, but improving.

I now have more pages coming up than before, but have one MAJOR issue, which if it can't be resolved...this won't work. Problem is...it's an odd problem.

The shopping cart I use is 1shoppingcart. I was testing a new autoresponder and found I could not receive the email. I kept testing and finally tested on my msn acct as well as gmail. It works fine. I can just not suddenly get 1SC mail at my domain.

I've spoken, emailed and chatted with several individuals. I just got off the phone with the support manager. Everyone tells me there is nothing wrong with my mail, that I don't have any blocks or filters up (I've not enabled spam assassin). But the problem remains...I am not receiving mail from 1 shopping cart.

Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks,

Barbara
Barbara

Postby Karen » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:30 pm

1 Shipping cart may have the IP address blocked for spam.

Karen
Karen

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:32 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

ongoing problems

Postby Barbara » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:11 am

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been in conversation with both 1 shopping cart (they have always been very helpful!) and HostGator. Despite everything that has been suggested, I am still unable to send myself a test of my autoresponders when I was able to do so in the past. I'm concerned that if I cannot receive the AR...what else will I not receive. (The AR messages go easily to various other emails...just not my domain). My ISP remains the same.

I'm also still have problems getting my one of my index pages to load despite repeated requests (they transferred the files for me) in addition to a few various other pages.

While, all the reviews for them have been positive, I think I'll change my nameservers back to the original host. I've sent countless hours working on this over the past week and it's not yet resolved. :cry:

So...while I do that, I still need to get a host with a good amount of space for my audio files and with Fantastico for ease of using wordpress. It will mean two hosting accounts, but at this point, I don't know what else to do. Anyone has hosting suggestions?

I need to get this set up as soon as I can.

Thanks again,

Barbara
www.OlderWiserWomen.com
Barbara

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:40 pm

I host multiple sites with ThirdSphere, and they have one-click install on a lot of scripts (wordpress, forums, tons more). It is a very feature-rich host and you can set up multiple domains/sites under the one account for the same price. My link is: http://webservi.thirdsphereclassic.com/ - I've been using them for quite some time now and give them two thumbs up in regards to service & support ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting