[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Selling domain names • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Selling domain names

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Selling domain names

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:16 pm

Hi,

Have any of you ever sold a domain name?

I own a few good .coms that I would be open to giving up, for the right price :wink:

How would I go about getting a good idea of it's value and finding a buyer?
Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby Baggs » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:21 am

Have you looked into www.sedo.com ?
There are also a number of webmaster forums that have a sell your domain auction section
Baggs

Postby snowman2004 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:10 pm

Hi,

I've looked into this as I have a few I was thinking of selling some time ago. People have recommended sedo.com to me but I have not used them. One possible domain name discussion forum is http://www.dnforum.com/ .

You could also try searching eBay to see how much domain names have sold for in the past. They have loads of domain names for sale - its easiest just to search using the term "domain names". If you are registered with ebay then you can look at 'completed items' (this is a tick box on the left) and see how much domain names actually sold for. This might help you determine a ballpark figure for your domains.

I hope this is helpful,

Ray
snowman2004

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:47 pm

Thanks guys.

I looked on ebay, and a lot of the domain listings do not say the winning price; I assume this means that nobody bought the domain, correct?

So what is the best option? Sedo, thedomainnameaftermarket.com, ebay???
Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Re: Selling domain names

Postby HowardH » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:34 pm

HowardH

Postby sdc2027 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:30 pm

i'm currently using sedo for three sites, I am not promoting them or anything, they are just parked there until I do something with them. I'm not making any money off of sedo.

my 2¢
sdc2027

Postby avrr » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:40 pm

avrr

If you really wanna sell domains...check this out..

Postby bigcassgbr » Mon May 07, 2007 9:00 am

If you really wanna sell domains, then you got to go to the #1 domain forum bar none - www.namepros.com - just sign up for a free a/c

Bear in mind that most name there will sell at reseller prices but if you have a nice generic - there are people there who can pay good money.

You can also sign up at www.afternic.com but you will have to pay $19/year to list names.

Other forums - www.domainstate.com, www.dnadult.com and www.acorndomains.co.uk

If you want to get the lowdown on the latest domain sales and what is happening in the industry go to www.dnjournal.com - it is the definitive source on all things domain.

Also check webmastersradio.com for the latest in domaining
bigcassgbr

Postby edysby » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:37 pm

You can sell your domain at afternic, sedo, moniker, tdnam, greatdomains.

Or you can sell to the forum such as namepros, dnforum, domainstate.
edysby
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:19 am

I've been parking about 30 domains at . It makes me a few bucks each month just for sitting there until someone wants to make an offer on one of them.

To see what one of the parked pages look like, here's a link to one of my most clicked on domain names parked at Sedo ...

I've had some offers but none that I was willing to take so far. But ya never know! :wink:

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting