[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Yahoo domain names • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Yahoo domain names

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Yahoo domain names

Postby eBookWriter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:50 pm

I'd like to take them up on this offer, and simply point the new name to my existing site DreamWind Whispers. I've retitled it as eBooks @ DreamWind Whispers on my pages and in my homepage title in the meta tags, and would like to buy the domain name to match. It would save me from having to build a new site around the name. Plus, as I've held the original domain name for six years, I don't want to confuse anyone--yet.

But, what would happen if, down the road, I wanted to separate the two sites? Making one a writer's site while featuring eBooks on the other. Would I have to use Yahoo hosting in order to keep the cheaper price for the name? I'm thinking of going for the five year option. Would hate to lose this great price if I decided to go with another service.

Probably being paranoid for nothing... just wondering.

Anita

eBookWriter

Postby Domain Name Guy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:24 pm

You can just get a domain name with them only and not use their hosting.
However, those who provide domain names for less than $6 or even free
tend to have strings attached.

You can read my if you're curious what that string is. :wink:
Domain Name Guy

Postby eBookWriter » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:32 am

Thanks for your response, Dan. I've bookmarked your blog. I'll be sure to read the fine print at Yahoo!

Anita
eBookWriter

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting