[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Her Web Host woes... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Her Web Host woes...

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Her Web Host woes...

Postby LynnWilson » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:27 pm

I have absolutely had it!!! I have left at least eight messages with Her Web Host over the last 3-1/2 weeks. Not one call has been returned. There has been no suitable explanation (IMO) for the long down-time and now non-existant customer service. They have an answering service taking their calls. :twisted:

I have made up my mind today that I am changing. There is no sense in this!! :evil:

My point here, aside from just blowing off steam, is to ask, does anyone know anything about Apollo? Fortune City? Yahoo?

I want to spend around 10-15 per month max. I don't run a big site, but it does pay for itself and then some and it is growing over time.

Thanks for any help and just for the shoulder to cry on. My site is down again as we speak!!

Lynn :x

PS -- noticed that my site is back up but with some recent changes gone !
Last edited by LynnWilson on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LynnWilson

Postby Bina Omar » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:15 am

Hi Lynn,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I've been using for
quite a few years now and am very happy with them.

I contact support almost every month to help me do
odd jobs like transfering files from one folder to another,
set up scripts, run cron jobs, transfering a whole website
to a new domain, transfering server plans ....

I think they know me very well by now :D .

My point is, their support is superb! They have always
replied to my queries within the hour (the latest) and
their prices are quite reasonable.

Try checking them out. They'll even move all your files
from your old host free of charge.

Warm regards,
Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby LynnWilson » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:01 pm

LynnWilson

Postby Chrissie » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:21 pm

I read a few recommendations for www.ziggyhost.com and decided to try them. So far I am very pleased and you can't beat the price of $9.99 for the year with unlimited domains.

I had a minor problem when I first signed up (not the hosts fault) but rather a script I needed enabled for one of my sites specifically. They answered me within 2 hours and helped me fix the problem ASAP. Sign up was quick and easy too - and again you can't beat $9.95 a year.

I also use www.dreamhost.com for many of my sites and like them as well. Hope that helps, good luck!
Chrissie

Ziggyhost?

Postby dnwenterprises » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:14 am

How long have you been with them? I'd be a little skepitical due to the low price. Something seems too good to be true.
dnwenterprises

Right there withyou

Postby TX_Web_Dev_A » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:03 am

My experience is that suddenly my domain went off line and my email was no longer being forwarded. No reason why. In their own words; Customer Service does not talk to the Accounts Department. Accounts Department will not and have not replied to numerous inquires.

No one shoud be allowed to run a business in this manner. I feel like I am being held hostage for unknown reasons at an unknown demad.

You and I are not alone in this regard. I am finding more and more people in this same situation.
TX_Web_Dev_A

Crystal Tech

Postby webturtle » Sun May 14, 2006 9:11 am

Its not necessarily true that low cost equals low service. The host that I've used for all of my professional web design clients, , also has a shared hosting solution that is incredibly low cost - $2.95 per month. It comes with less bandwidth and space than some of its larger account sizes but its still usually more than most of my clients need. And, nothing else is skimped on - not the fast and professional 24/7 customer service, the knowledge bank for do it yourselfers to find information, the control panel or the web based mail or statistics.

When I go to sleep, one of my biggest nightmares is that Crystal Tech might fall down on the job ... but then I remember they're already providing service to 78,000 sites and haven't caused me any grief yet, in a couple years. So I think its safe to recommend them :)
webturtle

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting