[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - saving website on hard drive? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

saving website on hard drive?

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

saving website on hard drive?

Postby TorontoCarol » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:10 pm

Hi all,
My mother just asked me a question that I can't answer, but I'm sure most of you can. Since it's adviced that the contents of a website should reside on your computer as well as with your hosting service, how do we do it? Our websites are both the kind that everything is done online (mine is Website Wizard and mom's is Herhost) and left there. So do we use FTP to download to our computers and if so, how? :? Sorry, since I don't FTP anything, I know the bare minimum about it.
I hope this is understandable, I am getting tired.
Carol
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby americanwahm » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:44 am

I build my sites on my computer and upload, so I use FTP all the time.

If you do not have an FTP client on your computer, just do a search for Ws-FTP LE and download it. Then you will need to know your FTP address. (Usually ftp.yourdomain.com) Then log in with your user name and password and double click on the folder where your files are kept. (You may need to ask about this with your host if you are not sure.)

Then just create a folder on your hard drive and send all your files over to the HD.

I cannot image not having back ups, I have heard terrible horror stories of people who got hacked or otherwise had trouble and their files were lost. That would be just awful!!

Hope you can get it done :) Kelly
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:58 am

Great advice, Kelly ;)

Carol - if you are unable to find out your hosts specific instructions and/or have problems with the FTP process, let us know and we'll help you out ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Michelle Steiner » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:03 am

Last edited by Michelle Steiner on Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle Steiner

Upload - Download

Postby Shelby Isham » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:08 pm

Shelby Isham

thanks

Postby TorontoCarol » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:55 pm

TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:13 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting