[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hosting With Third Sphere What To Do. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hosting With Third Sphere What To Do.

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Hosting With Third Sphere What To Do.

Postby Wally » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:25 am

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if anyone has had ant experience with Third Sphere,
I emailed them with several questions, one of them was about phone support, they told me that they did not offer phone support, but have an
excellent tutorial...Whats up with that @24.95 a month...I don't think so.
they offer a lot of bells and whistles and i thought they would be perfect...
some people pointed me to 1&1 others godaddy, sfwebhost and ipowerweb

Whats the best bang for the buck with the bells and whistles...

Wally
Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:22 am

I host with and am SUPER-happy with their service & support.

My last host offered phone support. It was great. Every time my site went down, or they somehow managed to LOSE my files :shock: ... I could call the 800 number and sit on hold for 80 or 90 minutes and listen to great music. And when someone finally DID come on the line... they would happily transfer me to someone else that COULD answer my question, so I could go back on hold for awhile

8)

ThirdSphere may not have phone support (which in all honestly surprised me too in the beginning)... but they are FAST by email, and VERY helpful with whatever your question is. Honestly, I havent had need to use them very much because their service is GREAT. But I did have a problem restoring a file one time and just could not figure out how to get it to work. It was too large a file, and I needed to restore it to a mysql database. I wrote in... and they didnt write back with instructions. They wrote back and said "No problem, we restored it for you from our end".

Nice! :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:25 am

p.s. isnt for everyone. At 24.95/month it isnt a 'basic host' you would use for one average website. If you just want to host one website with basic features, there are much cheaper hosts out there that are just as reliable.

That said, ThirdSphere is great for multiple sites (as you can host them all under the same account) and it comes with tons of features. For example, every account comes with an Affiliate Program Manager built in, so you dont have to pay anything extra to set up your own affiliate program (such as $200 for software, or $50 to set up at ClickBank, etc). There are tons of scripts & features... so it's definitely a "power host" ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

In Response to Third Sphere

Postby Wally » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:53 pm

Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:32 pm

Hi Wally,

When it comes to support, you only need it when you have problems with your hosting account... or you cant figure out how to make the scripts work or something like that (all of which should be covered in their manual or online tutorials). The truth is, phone support seems like a nice feature... but really the only time you use it is when your host isnt performing up to standards anyway. They wont answer web design questions, they wont train you on how to FTP or any of the other things - they'll just refer you back to the manual or tutorials.

If you still feel like phone support is a "must have", then by all means put that on your list of requirements.

As for the "top ten" lists - keep in mind that some of those may be affiliate sites, so the top ten may just be the ten that had the better affiliate programs. It really depends on which pages you looked at - but it's just something to keep in mind.

I've heard that HostGator.com and http://www.1and1.com/ were both good hosting companies. You can always switch hosts, of course, so just getting started may be the ideal thing for you right now - and down the line you will have a better idea of what you need and where you might get it (if you arent satisified with the first host).

Hope that helps ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: Hosting With Third Sphere What To Do.

Postby jbsmith » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:14 pm

jbsmith

Postby Mpress » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:12 pm

I just bought hosting from DreamHost.com. If you type in 888 in the promotional code box when you order the hosting, you'll save 80%. I got a domain name with 1 years worth of hosting for only $23.88. That's a bargain for what they offer (4,000 mb webspace, unlimited MySQL databases, unlimited e-mail addresses, etc) Hurry up though because the promotion isn't going to last long. So far I think they are an excellent host and I haven't had any problems at all. Setup was a breeze.

-Mike
Mpress

Well I Have decided

Postby Wally » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:46 pm

Hey Lynn and Jeff,

Thank you for your comments i have decided to start small learn and then grow...I am going to give 1and 1 a try....I am tired of the sidelines
I will wait for any other comments that Lynn Jeff othe gang have to say..
I have waited this long another day cannot hurt...

Thanks Again Guys

Wally
Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:13 am

That sounds like a good plan! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby JDR » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:51 am

JDR

Third Sphere Response

Postby Wally » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:30 am

Wally