[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I have to vent... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I have to vent...

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:26 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:35 pm

My sites went back up but now my email isn't working again. Anyone else having this same issue?
MommyEnterprises

Postby LynnWilson » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:23 pm

Yes. :x I cannot get to my control panel at all. I get a message saying something like the servers (or something) are nearly full and the control panel is not accessible!

Also, I have noticed some of my pages not available at different times over the last couple of days. I did see that there was a note on the front page of www.herwebhost.com about some of this.

Lynn :shock:
LynnWilson

That is strange, I had a similar problem.......

Postby Paul Glowiak » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:58 am

I have my hosting with an affiliate (or he rents servers from) The Planet in Dallas, and I was down for two days, and with several explanations that were conflicting.

I have a customer that has been with Yahoo! hosting for the last three years, and has experienced no down time at all.

The one Eileen suggested is a good one, and the same with Lynn's hosting.

I have a customer who is on 1and1, and she likes them, but I have a friend who hass 1and1, and she was not happy with their customer service.

Anyone have any experience with GoDaddy/Wild West?

Paul Glowiak
http://www.paulglowiak.com
Paul Glowiak

I have switched to GoDaddy

Postby LynnWilson » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:19 pm

Well, I'm coming back to my original post to share what has happened. At this point, when I call Her Web Host to tell them I want to make sure my account is cancelled, the toll free number for customer service they have listed on their website is no longer a working number.

That said, I switched over to GoDaddy for my hosting and I am SO pleased!! The support is tremendous. 24/7. Every person I have talked to, whether late at night or early a.m. has said, "that's what we are here for." I like how quickly they respond, the price, and I think I am getting a lot for the price!

I am not sure what Her Web Host is trying to do, but I had to move on this time. I want to grow my site, not have it drop off the map completely--if I have learned one thing, it's that it takes time to build something up!

Lynn
LynnWilson

Also.....

Postby Paul Glowiak » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:07 pm

Paul Glowiak

Postby johndilbeck » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:24 am

Hi Lynn,

I can feel for you, and I'm happy to hear your sites are back up.

One thing I do to make sure all my sites are never offline at the same time is to spread them out over various hosting companies in different parts of the world.

It's a bit more work and a little more complicated, but it almost guarantees that my entire business is never down at the same time.

I would never put all my eggs in the same basket, no matter how much I like the basket.

All the best,

JD
johndilbeck

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:27 am

Jeff Casmer

Postby DeadInToIt » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:54 pm

Hi Lynn,

For what it is worth, there are hosting companies out there that will provide 24/7 toll free phone support.

I'm talking about $6.95/mo here for what most are offering the same features for @ 25 or 30 bucks.

I have been with for 9 years now. (This is no affiliate link. It is direct to their home page.)

Admittedly, in the beginning, back in "97" they had some issues. However, they was always somebody available in support by phone.

Since the end of "97" I have enjoyed painless hosting. I would say 99.99% up time.

I simply can't say enough good things about OLM.

This may be a little late and you may have already found some other hosting company, but I still thought it would be good to let you know.
DeadInToIt

Previous

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting