[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hosting - Reseller Accounts • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hosting - Reseller Accounts

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Hosting - Reseller Accounts

Postby Kevin Robb » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:16 am

As your online business grows you generally purchase additional domain names, in turn this means more consideration needs to be given to how you host them.

Individual hosting account costs can ramp up quite quickly, especially if you have multiple domain names, so often the suggestion is to use a reseller account instead.

This option allows you to host 10 or more domains on a single account that makes them easier to manage and as a rule your monthly cost reduces as well.

So if one was to consider a reseller account what criteria should you look for and what questions should you ask the service provider to ensure you obtain the most suitable package for your needs?

Cheers :wink:

Kevin Robb
Kevin Robb

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:45 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:38 pm

ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby Jason Moffatt » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:03 pm

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:25 pm

Hey Jason,

Try viewing your pages in a browser, and use View > Source (in your browser menu at the top left). A notepad file will open with all of the HTML code for each page. You can save it as filename.html on your hard drive - you would have to do this with each page and each image on each site.

Then you can upload them to your account via FTP or the online file manager (in your cpanel). Try it before you transfer the domain names, of course - just set up a new directory on your ThirdSphere account and upload the pages so you can test them and see how they look in a browser.

If that doesnt work - I'll help you find another solution ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ChristyK » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:56 am

I do one step in the middle of what Lynn suggested. (I took over on a non-profit site in a geocities account and did not know password to access so had to recreate the site.) I copied the source then pasted that source into the source tab of my website editor (nvu, frontpage, etc). I then fixed the links for the pictures and previewed. Since I am better with wysiwyg than with raw code, I also use this technique to figure out how someone created a specific effect with their website. I paste the source into site editor then go to normal mode to see how I can recreate the effect using my editor options rather than memorizing the code (does that make sense?).

Hope that helps.

Christy

PS.. I've been with for a while and am very happy with their uptime and customer service. I have the baby croc for $9.95 and unlimited add-on domains. It might fit your needs.
ChristyK
Elite Member

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting