[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need a host • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need a host

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Need a host

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:08 pm

Hi,

I just registered a domain with Godaddy.com but plan to host it elsewhere as I have heard some not soo good things about their hosting. I love their domain prices though.

My plans for this domain is it is going to be strictly a message forum like this one.

Can you please help me on how to get started. Who do you suggest for a host and where do I get a script like this one? I use another host for my other sites and am pretty unhappy with them right now.
MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:54 pm

You can download this forum script (free) at http://www.phpbb.com/

For hosting, I might suggest www.lindseywebdesign.com (I have several friends hosting there that are really happy with it). Super reasonable prices. I host at - but it really depends on how many features you need. ThirdSphere is around $25/mo, but you get a built-in affiliate program manager, shopping cart, site-builder, etc etc etc (LOTS of features).
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Chrissie » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:13 pm

I second www.lindseywebdesign.com she is awesome, easy to work with and very helpful! I have my site with her and will be switching a few more right after the holidays.
Chrissie

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:34 pm

How funny, I actually know her, I recruited her under my Tupperware team a few years ago :)

I am glad she is doing well, I will have to look into her hosting options.

Best Wishes
MommyEnterprises

Postby Phil Tanny » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:51 pm

Phil Tanny

Postby theuniek1 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:38 am

Okay:

- I've been using them for a lot of my sites and they receive my highest recommendation. Perfect blend of service, space, and price. You can host an unlimited number of domains for as little as $8/mo, plus they have phone and online chat support.

hostm.com - just set a client up with them, they have a very attractive package for the price ($95/yr) a boatload of storage, good amount of monthly bandwidth, host up to 5 domains (more for an extra fee) and about 99.8% uptime

dreamhost.com - they are running a special for December and have heard nothing but good things about them

ehostpros.com - heard good things about them, but haven't used them personally

crystaltech.com - offers phone support...

Hope that helps out :)

Teli
Last edited by theuniek1 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
theuniek1

Postby StephenR. » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:21 pm

I host with ; can't say enough about these guys. They offer total support and in depth online tutorials for installing countless Webmaster scripts....not to mention they're prices. Your dollar goes a long way with these guys.
Last edited by StephenR. on Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
StephenR.

Postby netadventures » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:02 pm

I just opened up an account with , and their December special is pretty good. Their CodeMaster package, with which you can host up to 15 domains, is $19.95 rather than the regular $39.95, and the best thing is you get to keep this price for as long as the account stays active. They are also tripling the bandwidth for any package that you purchase from them in December, and again, this additional bandwidth is yours for as long as your account stays active.

And for those of you with blogs or who want to give blogs a try, they have a "one-click" Wordpress installation. I just installed Wordpress to one of my domains there, and it took about four or five minutes to receive the email saying it had been installed.

BJ
netadventures

Postby LuckyMommy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:33 pm

LuckyMommy

Free vBulletin Board

Postby StephenR. » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:43 am

Last edited by StephenR. on Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
StephenR.

Postby theuniek1 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:25 am

Hi Stephan,
If you love these guys so much, how come you're giving them the gift of spam by posting their email addy in a public forum? I believe most of the folks here are smart enough to figure out info[at]theiraddress.com

Just curious ;)
Last edited by theuniek1 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theuniek1

Postby StephenR. » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:41 am

Hey theuniek1. I copied that part of the post directly from one of their forum threads. Yes, I usually do break up addresses to protect from harvesters and spammers. No doubt the people here are smart enough to figure that out. Thanks for the heads up...BTW it's Stephen.
StephenR.

Postby theuniek1 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:00 pm

Sorry about the spelling Stephen - I'll watch that next time :D

oh and since my name isn't in my siggy (hmmm...need to fix that) it's Teli
theuniek1

Postby ashley3471 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:05 pm

ashley3471

Postby alimfp23 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:41 pm

alimfp23

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting