This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to redirect or forward a second domain?

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

How to redirect or forward a second domain?

Postby pflsara » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Ok question about the second domain name I registered within the same niche. What is the best way to use this new domain name? Redirect it to a "landing page" on my current site that has the keywords content?

For example: Let's say my main domain is ilovestationarypaper.com and my 2nd domain name is holidaystationarypaper.com. Would I just direct the 2nd domain to a landing page on my site that has content about holiday stationary paper?

And how do I go about using this new domain name? Do I have to submit the domain name into the search engines etc even when there is no actual content for the URL? I'm kinda confused on this aspect of domain forwarding and redirecting.
pflsara

Postby onlineleben » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:43 am

pflsara,
good to see that you are progressing with your niche. As the second domain seesm to be more specific than the first, I would create content for that. So pages covering christmas, halloween or thanksgiving designs (or whatever holidays you have). You then have the possibility to promote this site seperately from your original one (good in case one of them gets dropped from the SEs). You can set linksffrom your first site to the second as well to give your visitors to your first site niche content (onthe second site).
Also you have the chance to get more listings in the SEs by competing with your self.
onlineleben

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting