This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

websitesource.com BEWARE!!!!!

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

websitesource.com BEWARE!!!!!

Postby karynsolo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:02 pm

Recently I lost my adwords account accused by google of hosting malware on my site. Now first of all I would have no clue how to do that, nor would I want to do that to anyone. I investigated further to find out every site we had hosted had malware warnings. The server we were placed on at websitesource.com was infected and everyone on that server got infected as well. When confronted about this issue, customer support took the stand of... Oh well we will look into it when we get a chance. Very rude, very uncooperative and lost our business. As soon as I rebuild the site I am taking it back over to hostgator.

Stay away from Websitesource.com if you do not want a reputation that you did not do anything to deserve.
karynsolo

Postby robert adams » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:41 pm

that is a shame. I hope you get it all back running soon.

I once had to quit using my main domain name that I started with back in 95 because of a server problem that let spammers relay through using my domain and got me blacklisted for a few years.

I can use it again now, but that was a real mess.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby alexc » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:26 pm

I had something very similar happen at 1-and-1. One of their servers had not been patched and someone uploaded a virus to their cgi-bin folder. At any rate, the script propogated to every site hosted there, and it was almost impossible to remove from my side, and the IT at 1-and-1 weren't moving very quickly getting it taken care of.
alexc

Postby karynsolo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:36 pm

Well I am back with the gator and know this will not happen again. That is ok I needed a more brandable domain name anyways. The new site is still in the working but can be found at: http://www.friendzoogle.com
karynsolo

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting