[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How Do I Add A 2nd Domain Name to Hostgator Account • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How Do I Add A 2nd Domain Name to Hostgator Account

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

How Do I Add A 2nd Domain Name to Hostgator Account

Postby success1256 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:45 pm

Hi Guys,
My name is Rozina and I'm in need of some help getting up and running. For the longest time, I've been saying that I'm just going to get started and do something about making money online. I have lurked around this and other forums for well over a year now.

I feel like I know Lynn and a lot of you guys personally from having logged into this forum daily and listening in on the Webinars weekly never saying anything just lurking in the background. I'm ready to get started and I'm having a bit of trouble. I hope I'm in the right place to ask this question.

I am in need of much help and maybe someone won't mind helping me with one of the first problems I'm having.

Here goes:

I have opened a Hostgator account and registered one domain name which is a wordpress blog. I had hardly any problems doing that. Here goes the biggie though, I have since bought another domain name from Godaddy same as I did the first and I want to use it as a Wordpress blog also.

When I sign into my hostgator account, it comes up with my 1st website (1st domain name). Question: How do I go about installing the 2nd domain name on my Hostgator account.
Do I use park domain name from the 1st domain name account. I'm completely lost here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Help :?

Thanks!
success1256
Elite Member

Postby shannonsmith » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:28 pm

You have to add it as an addon domain through your cpanel. Just click the Addon Domains icon in your cpanel listing. Then fill out the form.
shannonsmith

Thanks A Lot

Postby success1256 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:40 am

success1256
Elite Member

Postby shannonsmith » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:15 am

shannonsmith

Postby karynsolo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:34 pm

karynsolo

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Don't mean to hijack your thread but I will. :) Say I have a 2nd domain and I add it on via addon domain. My first domain is www.abc.com and my second domain is www.cba.com. Why when I pull up the non index pages on cba.com does it show up in the address bar as www.abc.com/cba/secondpage.com? What if I don't want people to see the abc.com part? How do I change that? Thanks. Rick
Rick

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting