This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Monthly WebHosts

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Monthly WebHosts

Postby stevecm59 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:03 pm

Hey everyone, just getting things going here on my end, but I'm running into a snag with finding a good webhost now. It has more to with the setup more than anything else, but really, I'm finding a lot of hosts who want you to pre-pay for a hosting plan.

Besides Host-Gator, that I think might be good, are there other webhosts that have WordPress/CPanel/Good Bandwith that don't have outrageous setup-fees and allow you to go by the month when you're starting out?

Thanks...
stevecm59

Re: Monthly WebHosts

Postby robert adams » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:33 pm

stevecm59 wrote:Hey everyone, just getting things going here on my end, but I'm running into a snag with finding a good webhost now. It has more to with the setup more than anything else, but really, I'm finding a lot of hosts who want you to pre-pay for a hosting plan.

Besides Host-Gator, that I think might be good, are there other webhosts that have WordPress/CPanel/Good Bandwith that don't have outrageous setup-fees and allow you to go by the month when you're starting out?

Thanks...

well, you cant beat hostgator for this. however, most hosts do what you want.

sometimes you have to prepay for a year to get the best deals, but you can pay a little more to be able to pay monthly.

I would defintely go with a host that uses CPanel. remember, that is a brand name of hosting control panel software.

Any host that offers cpanel, will also offer fantastico.

that is the program that allows you to install things like Word press, phpbb and many other programs , with just a couple of clicks.

massive amounts of disk space are not imortant unless you are going to be hosting tons of videos or sound files or images.

bandwidth and databases are what is important.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting