[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Why can't I access my webpage by ip address? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Why can't I access my webpage by ip address?

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Why can't I access my webpage by ip address?

Postby RKramkowski » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:56 pm

OK, I'm hosting at Hostgator but if I do an NSlookup on any of my domains there, they all return the same address - the basic address I got when I started with them. Is there a way to access the webpages by IP address? If not, how do the pages resolve inside Hostgator. It appears the DNS entries for all the domains resolve to the same IP address.

Thanks,
Bob
RKramkowski

Postby CorpRebel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:01 pm

CorpRebel

Postby robert adams » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:27 am

I believe Rick is correct.
the IP address only resolves to the server that you are hosted on. From there your url would have to contain the path to your particular directory on that server and then to whatever file on in that directory.

an example on one of my servers;

http://65.98.100.178/~rvgranny/index.php

resolves to :
http://rvgranny.com/index.php

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting