[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Website stats • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Website stats

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Website stats

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:30 pm

MommyEnterprises

Re: Website stats

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:11 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:14 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:00 am

I agree - I didnt like the new stats, or the new control panel. Did your hosting package change dramatically also (space, # of email accounts, etc)?

I am currently using - which offers an incredible amount of information. This link will give you a 2-week free trial (which is not available from the main site). Not only will you have full stats on your own sites (you can use your account for more than one site) - you can also use Remote Tracking URLs to view stats for the affiliate programs you promote!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby onlineleben » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:29 am

For general stats, you should download your logfiles and analyze them on your own local workstation.
I use analog, which is a heavy customizable freeware, for about 4 years now. You can select the level of detail you want to see very easily with a config file (plain text format). Output is numbers and a bar graph, but that is all I want. And it is fast.

Clickalyzer, mentioned by Lynn, is good for tracking your ads eg. from adwords to your site to the order page to the thankyou page, even when the shopping part is not on a site you have under control (eg. in an affiliate program). Actually it didn't work out for me as it caused problems with my merchants pages, but overall feedback is OK.
onlineleben

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:10 pm

Lynn,

What is the cost of Clickalyzer if I was to like it after the free trial?

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:12 pm

My main need is to find out how many visitors are visiting each one of my urls instead of hits. Since I have many images on my sites, the "hits" really don't mean much to me.

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby AaronC » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:01 pm

I use Webalizer:
http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/

And occasionally AWstats:
http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

And Analog, which was written by the same guy that wrote Clicktracks:
http://www.analog.cx/
AaronC

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:37 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:42 pm

Hi Lynn,

I just signed up for my free trial of Clickalyzer. I listened to the demo and now I am ready to get some stats on my site.

What sort of campaign do I set it up as? I seen where installed tracking you place code on each page you want to track. I am confused, lol.

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:14 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:30 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:37 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:52 am

For the campaigns, is each campaign a different website?

I setup my first campaign and put the code on a few pages last night and not getting any results yet. Is the results delayed?

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:38 am

Yes, each Campaign is a different website or Remote Tracking Campaign - such as a company replicated site or affiliate link...

The results are pretty much immediate - visit the pages yourself, and then see if you can view your Footprints on your site through Clickalyzer.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting