[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anyone using HostGator? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anyone using HostGator?

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Anyone using HostGator?

Postby Denise6714 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:55 am

As I have previously posted, I am shopping around for a new webhost. Host Gator seems to be a top contender. I am impressed with all they have to offer for the price. My only hesitation is I really like the clean lines of my current web host, but the $299 a year hosting fee ($25 a month) that they charge is a little costly. If anyone out there is using Host Gator can you direct me to your website. I would like to see what a Host Gator site looks like when it is up and running.
Thank you, once again.
Denise
Denise6714

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:15 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jim Guinn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Jim Guinn

Postby wahmjennie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:00 pm

Jim is right-

So is Lynn by the way!

She has a banner on her blog for a hostgator account that includes a coupon code (you'll find it in the side bar of her blog)...

I have hosted many sites through hostgator for my clients (I do webdesign) and I recently opened another account of my own (I was sure to order through Lynn's affiliate link so she would get the commission)...

If you're into affiliate marketing and need to host more than one sight under 1 account with no increase in fees hostgator is top of the class!
wahmjennie

Postby Getagrip » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:09 pm

Getagrip

Postby Cynthia » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:22 am

Would you also recommend HostGator for a forum like SSWT?

I've signed up with HostGator to use as my host for planned new sites (blog, mini-sites, etc) but I'm also considering movinging my main content website and forum over as well to keep everything in one place. I'm currently with Pair and pay $39.95 a month. HostGator seems to offer me the same package as Pair for $12.95. Any advice?
Cynthia

Host Gator

Postby Deltlake1 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:31 pm

Deltlake1

Postby Cynthia » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:46 pm

I'm wondering specifically about using them to host a discussion forum. Lynn mentions her other sites with HostGator but SSWT is not one of them. It's hosted by another company. Just wondering if there's a concern regarding forum hosting, before I proceed with my move plan. :)
Cynthia

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Hostgator Hosting

Postby California Jerry » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:42 am

California Jerry
Elite Member

Postby Steve MacLellan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:31 pm

Steve MacLellan

Postby sherryhan » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am

I have been with HostGator for over a year now and loving them! Before I was using Dreamhost, but it seemed to me like my sites were down day in and day out so I switched. Never had problems with HostGator, and I highly recommend them.
sherryhan

Postby edysby » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:06 am

edysby
Elite Member

Postby Ellen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:13 am

I've had a HostGator reseller account since Jan 2004 and I can attest to them providing excellent service all the way around. I've had very few problems over the years and most of the time they weren't even the fault of HG in the first place. But HG went far above the call of duty to help me solve the problems I've had anyway.

One problem I had concerned a customized third party script and HG was far more helpful in working with me to solve the problem than the developer of the script was! Hows that for fantastic service!

edysby: I would ask HG support which plan would work best for you, as they would be able to give you a much better idea of what you'd need for your sites.
Ellen

Postby edysby » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:36 am

edysby
Elite Member

Next

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting