[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Confused about Domain names and Web hosting • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Confused about Domain names and Web hosting

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Confused about Domain names and Web hosting

Postby Denise6714 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:52 am

Denise6714

Re: Confused about Domain names and Web hosting

Postby cwboaze » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:26 pm

cwboaze

Postby Jim Guinn » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:34 pm

Jim Guinn

Postby robert adams » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:21 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby cwboaze » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:26 pm

cwboaze

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:55 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Domain Name Guy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:02 pm

Domain Name Guy

Postby RKramkowski » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:20 am

RKramkowski

Thank you

Postby Denise6714 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:09 am

I had a very busy weekend and when I checked back this morning to see if anyone responded to my post I was thrilled to see so many responses!!
Thank you everyone for taking the time this weekend to advise me on my next step.

I have contacted SBI and am waiting to hear what there policies are. $299 a year ( $25 a month ) is quite costly! I believe they will charge me to switch to another host.

As for registering my new site, Since I don't want to host and register with the same company, I will probably register with Go Daddy and host with Host gator. I am concerned, though, that once I register, Go Daddy will then charge me to host somewhere else and Host Daddy will charge me for taking over my domain name - Which I will be getting charged at both ends. Has anyone ever heard of this? I couldn't find any info on either site about their policies.
And another thing I will have to go to the Host Gator website to check out is how easy is it to cancel after I have tried it for "free" for one month.

Thank you, once again, for advising me - I am a lot less confused!
Denise
Denise6714

Re: Thank you

Postby cwboaze » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:30 am

cwboaze

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:13 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karynsolo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:28 am

In order to not be snared by a webhost into losing control of your domain name read the tos through and through and ask them point blank do I have full control of my domain name if I purchase it through you?

We never register a domain name for a client and not give them full control over it, it is only good business to let the client control what they have purchased.

Be very careful who you search for domain name availability through too, some companies watch what is searched upon and then if a great name idea comes about they register it and put it up for sale at a much higher price right away.

When looking for a good host, always keep in mind you want a host who has prompt , reliable customer support, they offer several support options such as ticket support, live chat, email support etc. , look for things like tools that will help you along the way while putting your site up on the servers such as a good knowledgebase, tools such as Fantastico deluxe and site builders etc.

You want a host who will be there for you through every step of the way and be willing to help you succeed.
karynsolo

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting