[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Top Hosting And Domain Solutions • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Top Hosting And Domain Solutions

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Top Hosting And Domain Solutions

Postby jaggiegill » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:20 pm

jaggiegill

Postby robert adams » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:00 pm

a web site builder should not really be a requirement for a hosting company. most of them are not very good.

the biggest problem with them is if you have to go back and do any kind of serious work on the site, you can't figure out what all the code means and/or the paths etc.

I have spent hours trying to unscramble websites built with the yahoo builder and I know that others are just as bad.

Find a good hosting company that offers the important things like bandwidth, disk space, uptime, support, etc. etc.

Then get a good html editor or if you have to, a wysiwyg type of editor to create your pages/sites.

You will be much happier in the long run.

roberrt
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby kiatlc » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:06 am

for hosting I have just completed extensive research, and wiping out those are controversial. You can get a lot of comments at Webhostingtalk.com

After the screening process, the names that left in my list are Hostgator, Lunar Pages and BlueHost.

At the first sight I wana buy BlueHost also because it gives me an impression of quality of service, but if you have lingered long enough at WHT, you will find that it is not so recommended by ex-users. Why? You can study yourself if you have enough time.

So I recommend and are better alternatives to go.
kiatlc

Postby kiatlc » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:09 am

is having a promotion this month, that if you enter the coupon code , you can get your first month hosting for only 1cent!
kiatlc

Postby rfresh » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:10 pm

Most Linux hosting providers also offer more than one website builder tool for free - you can then install each one and try them out to see which one might fit your needs.

I've used WebSite Tonight from GD and it's ok but not my favoriate.

I like SOHOLaunch better and this is the one that is available with many Linux hosting plans. SOHOLaunch is offered in a free version and a Pro version - try to get the pro version if possible but if you can't, you can easily work up a good site with the free version.

Another thought you might consider are CMS products such as Joomla. I did a lot of work using various website builder tools and then this year I did two sites using Joomla - there is a lot in common with using a site builder and using Joomla. I personally prefer using Joomla which is also available for free from almost all of the Linux hosting companies.
rfresh

Re: Top Hosting And Domain Solutions

Postby CorpRebel » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:49 am

CorpRebel

Postby StarrHorne » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:38 am

Listen to rick -

You never ever (ever) want your host to control your domain name. Otherwise you could spend huge amounts of time and money building your brand, only to discover - woops - that you don't actually own the domain.

The only exception might be name-registration companies like godaddy that offer hosting as an added-value service.
StarrHorne

Postby robert adams » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:48 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting