[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Sitesell.com or Site Build it ??????? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Sitesell.com or Site Build it ???????

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Sitesell.com or Site Build it ???????

Postby Denise6714 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:36 am

Is anyone familiar with Sitesell.com or SBI - They claim to be Godaddy's biggest competition, but I have never heard about them and I don't know anything about their rep- I like their format - but I don't know what to look for or ask as a first time site builder. I just need a page or two and possible email - And it would be nice to have some assistance with formatting and search engines - Am I asking for too much??
Denise6714

Postby Deltlake1 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:22 pm

Denise,
If all you are looking for is a couple of pages and e-mail, then Sitesell.com is not for you. Godaddy or some of the other hosting sites, HostGator just came to mind ( $6.95 )/month.
Sitesell.com is a $299.00 a year investment. Even with all of the tools they have, most of us budget less than that for hosting and web tools.
Do a Google Search and see what you can find.
Deltlake1

Thank you

Postby Denise6714 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:02 pm

Thank you for the info - Although, sitesell is $299, I went on to Go daddy and after all the upgrades I thought I needed ( email, search engine, webhosting, website set up assistance) the cost came up to $258 dollars. Pretty steep for a site that advertises $8.95 websites.
I will go onto hostgator and do a google search and see what else I come up withbefore committing to anything. Thanks again
Denise6714

Postby skyjoe76 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:23 pm

If you are a newbie in website building, and you are building lot of pages, sitesell is for you.

I'm a total html idiot and able to build my site using sitesell. I am also very please with their support.

I had a Godaddy account and sitesell account. In terms of support, godaddy is way far away compare to sitesell.

But if you just want to have a simple webhosting, you may consider godaddy.
skyjoe76

Postby Bina Omar » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:00 am

From personal experience, I wouldn't go with GoDaddy for web hosting. They're excellent as a domain registrar but as a web host, you're better off with a normal web host like, HostGator.

GoDaddy's web hosting account offers minimal features.

SiteSell's SBI has a great reputation. I started my first site with SBI. I have since moved on but SBI is a great way to get your foot into the online business world. You get all the tools you possibly need - domain registration, web hosting, mailing list hosting, tracking, seo tools etc. Plus, a blueprint on how to get started on the right foot.

But SBI is not for everyone. If you only want a few web pages and an email and then SBI may be a bit of an overkill. Especially if you have a budget.

A good host like HostGator would have a sitebuilder feature that will help you build your own 1-2 page web site. And you shouldn't need formatting assistance. You can always post to the HTML forum here for some basic help. And the sitebuilder feature would be included in the price you pay for your hosting account.

As for search engine assistance, again you get help from these forums.
Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:05 am

I agree - I use HostGator myself. It is inexpensive yet comes with all of the features you will need. And enough of our members here are familiar with them that you can get questions answered along the way easy between this forum and their online support.

This is the SSWT link for HostGator if you'd like to check them out:
https://secure.hostgator.com/cgi-bin/af ... gi?id=sswt
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: Sitesell.com or Site Build it ???????

Postby Teena » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:18 pm

Teena

Postby robert adams » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:45 pm

the thing is, sitesell is not just a web hosting company.

they are a sort of "turn key" business site building company.
and they are very expensive for what they offer.

godaddy is just plain awful for anything other than domain names.

any decent host offers most of what sitesell offers for way less money.
you may have to learn a little about how to create and maintain a website, but hey, that is what you are trying to do anyway.

most hosts these days offer "site builder" software to help you create your first web pages, etc.

if you want a complete business web site, and don't want to have to learn anything about what you are doing, and are willing to pay a price for it, then sitesell is for you.

if you just want a basic website with most everything sitesell offers, for much less money, then use hostgator or some other normal web hosting company.

if you want to spend money for minimal hosting, non existent tech support, and completely losing all your data, go to godaddy.

good luck.
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby AstarothSolutions » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:37 am

Hmm... never heard of them and looking at their website it almost looks like (not say it is) a typical scam/ MLM type affair.... would love to find the source of their quote "99% of non-SBI! small business sites fail" - must say of the hundreds of sites I have been involved in over the last 11 years very few have failed and of those that have rarely was it to do with the website itself but unsustainable business models etc.

Talking of turnkey sites in general - they are aimed at people with small budgets and who arent/ cant look to the longer term. Having reviewed their site for some time I still havent been able to find a price but in many other examples of this type of offering they give you the ability to start up on a low budget but charge silly money going forward (normally the same fee each year).

Take a web developer and you pay more up front but then hosting will frequently be under $50 a year and that is all you have to pay.

If you are looking at low budget then take a look at the likes of guru.com or elance.com and place a project on there... there are plenty of perfectly fine designers from countries with lower living costs who deliver good work at very good prices.

For best results make sure you have a suitable "CMS"/ Admin section set up to allow you to maintain the site with no HTML/ Coding experience necessary. Again slightly more upfront costs for lower long term
AstarothSolutions

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:31 pm

I use Site Build It, love it to death, would recommend it to anyone and have never looked back.

See, no affiliate links? It is legit.
Last edited by Oregon Coast Guy on Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby robert adams » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:48 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:59 pm

Oregon Coast Guy

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting