[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Which Hosting & Domain Companies Do You Recommend? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Which Hosting & Domain Companies Do You Recommend?

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Which Hosting & Domain Companies Do You Recommend?

Postby Getagrip » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:44 pm

I wanted to take a minute to ask which web hosting and domain registration companies you use. I'd like to know about both good and bad experiences you have had.

The reason I'm asking is because a friend and I are working on a project (details coming soon), and part of the project entails recommending web hosting/domain companies, and we would like to recommend good companies.

We are defintaly going to use Godaddy, since we have had good experiences with them, and we will probably also use Blue Host...but we would also like some additional recommendations.

Please let me know what your recommendations are.

Thanks!
Getagrip

Postby Jim Guinn » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:51 am

How about many of the same GoDaddy services, provided BY GoDaddy, only cheaper?

Risking shameless self promotion, I would recommend my own TPCDomains at . While I am actually a GoDaddy Reseller, I have some services I sell cheaper then the main GoDaddy site.

For instance, I sell the Basic Reseller program for $10 less and the Pro Reseller program for $40 less than GoDaddy. There are exactly the same reseller programs, too.

Another example....my dot com domains are selling for $1 LESS (7.95) than GoDaddy's current price (8.95). Same exact dot com service, but cheaper.

So, I am a Godaddy reseller that is selling many of the same, exact GoDaddy products, only cheaper. In fact, I am one of the few Godaddy Resellers that sells many Godaddy services cheaper than GoDaddy.

BTW...my autoresponder services at are comparably to aWeber and GetResponse, but cheaper. It is an Alstrasoft reseller program. (Free Trial available)

I am toying with the idea of becoming a HostGator reseller also...in which case I will do my best to cut the prices there, too. I will let you know.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby Getagrip » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:22 pm

This morning I woke up and saw that there was another post on hosting companies right below mine! Anyway...it looks like we are going to go with Host Gator as out third campany since a lot of people seem to be in love with it...
Getagrip

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:49 am

I use and recommend HostGator myself ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby AuctionCUT.com » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:41 pm

AuctionCUT.com

Postby Jim Guinn » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:47 pm

Jim Guinn

Postby AuctionCUT.com » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:02 pm

AuctionCUT.com

Postby Jim Guinn » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:50 am

Jim Guinn

Postby Domain Name Guy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:21 pm

Domain Name Guy

Postby Jim Guinn » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:52 pm

:o :cry: :roll:

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby Deltlake1 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:00 am

I have my domains registered thru GODaddy
under "private" and "locked". Thus far, I have had no problems with them. As for hosting, I was with
UltimateMarketingCenter.com and the webmaster was absolutely great. Then they revised the site and it became very complicated to use. I am now with HostGator.com and I really like their "live chat"
feature.
Deltlake1

Postby karynsolo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:06 am

karynsolo

Postby Daniel Cassidy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:58 pm

Daniel Cassidy

Postby rfresh » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:05 am

GoDaddy is the KMart of web hosting. When you don't know much about web hosting, you may tend to go with them. Don't. Their web hosting is very restrictive. For example, if you're using a database on the backend, you MUST use their tool to access your data. You can't use a third party SQL tool. If you would ever need to SSH into your site you can't. If you need a semi-dedicated server they will kill you with a 'must have' tech support contract at 99.00 per month!

We have a VPS (semi-dedicated) hosting account with 1849WebHosting for 9.95 per month and a ton of free software apps available to us.
rfresh

Postby edysby » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:11 am

I use godaddy and moniker to register domain name.

For hosting I choose bluehost and hostgator. Both of them has good service and you can manage your account in user friendly cpanel.

I have used godaddy hosting before, but the cpanel is not user friendly (I don't know if godaddy do improvement on their hosting cpanel).
edysby
Elite Member

Next

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting