This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Which Hosting & Domain Companies Do You Recommend?

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Postby GT » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:58 am

Hello:

I use Host4Profit. They have been very dependable with a good user WEBePanel, the monthly cost is reasonable ... plus, they pay you a monthly $10 commission for each new customer you sponsor.

You can click on my StarrBizz.com website link in my signature and look for the Host4Profit banner, if you want more details, or click here: http://www.host4profit.com/cgi-bin/home.cgi?100870

GT :)
GT

Postby Russell Portwood » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:39 am

I know Host4Profit used to be really popular but I haven't heard much about them lately. Anybody else using them? Also, I heard the affiliate program for kiosk.ws is pretty strong but the prices are apparently outrageous - I guess to pay the commissions? Anybody on that service?
Russell Portwood
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:08 pm

thet same problem is with host4profit.

there prices/plans have not kept up with the market.
you can get WAY better deals most everywhere else.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Li Weng » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:00 am

I use kiosk hosting. I have 8 websites hosted with them. It's quite good and user-friendly. Ease of use is quite important for me, since I'm totaly techno dunce.

http://www.grabdomainhosting.com
Li Weng

Postby dagmar » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:48 pm

Godaddy is good to register domain names.

HostGator and Kiosk are both good.

Dagmar
dagmar

Postby doc333 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:13 am

for domain registration use namecheap.com and for hosting use hostgator.com
doc333

Postby Russell Portwood » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:48 am

I know a lot of people just love GoDaddy but I have some reservations. My money is on NameCheap. Here's an article I wrote that gives the Godaddy scoop.
http://www.internetmarketingtoolz.com/b ... gistration
Russell Portwood
Elite Member

if I had to start over...

Postby createyourdream » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:30 pm

Well, I have experience with 3 hosting companies:

First hosting company: iPowerweb is ok and cheap. We used it for our family business website for years but I haven't tested much technical stuff on it. I'm figuring out how to do more on it now. They have a chat support that has proven helpful and immediate.

Main hosting company: kiosk.ws I plan to use the most. So far, I've found their cpanel is easy to use, and their services reliable, support available online. There are a lot of other services too, they're coming out with EasyVideoHosting soon. The price is more than HostGator, I believe.

Another hosting company: Goldbar offered a 1 year price for a 3 year package when I purchased it in 12/07. I didn't understand much when I contacted their support and didn't understand much afterward either. Their support people wanted to do things for me, rather than help me understand, which was ok, since my site got up and running pretty quickly.

That's my experience with hosting. It I I had to start over, I'd probably choose Hostgator, and just ONE company!

best for now,
Mary
createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby doc333 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:25 am

for webhosting you should go with hostgator

and for domain names you should go with namecheap
doc333

Postby Frank Barabba » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Howdy all,

I just joined and this is my first entry. I have no website yet and am grateful for the entries here.

While everyone on the planet seems to accept getting domains through godaddy, I am concerned that there seems to be a distinct line between "cheap" webhosts and not-so-cheap hosting. I suspect the free or almost free ones are not providing the proper support that real Newbies need.

I have heard of Third Sphere, one of the more expensive hosts which is said to provide literally Everything a Newbie's Newbie like me would need.

So maybe next month or so, I will give them a try and let you know the results. I'm still looking for an online business to get into, but don't read very well and have to rely on videos mostly, for trying to tiptoe through all this Information Overload trailer that lies before me.

I'm hoping to find videos on all this somewhere, so I can come up for air!

I'm going to use Smiley Green here, becuz I am really, really greeen at this~! :mrgreen:

Frank Barabba
Frank Barabba

Postby goaskmom » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:26 pm

I've been with livingdot.com since I was so new that I thought you loaded all files one by one in Control Panel. They were actually the ones that told me about FTP. Patient people, they are.

They aren't the cheapest hosts, but they aren't that much more and the personal service is worth it.

They have a 1/2 price special going on now, too, I think.
goaskmom

Postby terrapin719 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:59 pm

I use Namecheap and GoDaddy for domains. I honestly prefer Namecheap these days, the only reason I still use GoDaddy is because they are widely known and accepted when you intend to sell a site.

For hosting I use Hostgator, setup as a reseller with them as well, because I found their service to be really good.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting