[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Please HELP, I cannot access my website from home. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Please HELP, I cannot access my website from home.

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:22 pm

Postby fast-pack.com » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:23 pm

fast-pack.com

Postby scott » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:18 pm

scott

Just when things couldn't get any worse??????????

Postby BuckLakePost.com » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:43 pm

Let's see, I come home to try to solve some the problem with some of your solutions.

But I am already a little upset since I received a letter from my isp (comcast) informing me my rate will be increasing from $19 to $42. Although the $19 was a introductory rate for 3 months, I've been charged this for well over a year. I guess my calls to tech support drew attention to my ever lasting introductory rate! ARGH :cry:

So anyway, I have to disconnect my "other" computer that normally resides inside my MAME (mult. arcade machine emulator) cabinet and that I was using in place of the "problem" computer. I reconnect my MAME's computer and flick the on switch and instantly I begin smelling smoke. Not good, come to find out a usb cord was touching my ethernet connection and somehow shorted out the mame's 33" VGA monitor.

Now I am hot :oops: . Way to hot to worry about the problem computer any longer. In fact, I could not even look at my computers all day Sunday due to being so disgusted and stressed. Instead, I had a nice relaxing day and wondered when I would ever come out of this spiralling hi-tech slump.

Somehow today, I finally decided to begin attempts to solve the problems. First by biting the financial bullet and doing whatever it took to replace the 33" VGA monitor (you can see where my priorities ly, lol). I called custom arcades and explained the problem and how I thought I could have caused it. To my suprise, the monitor is still under warranty!!! :roll:

I finally felt like my slump was coming to a close. But here is the kicker...

I decided to tackle the "problem" computer again. So, I reconnect all the wiring, turn it on, and for whatever reason I attempt to access my website again. Tick, tock, tick tock... it was loading as slowly as it usually does when it cannot find a web site; so, I was expecting it not to load as usual. Then all of sudden whala :shock: , there it is?? It was only loading slow because it was still booting up software in the start menu. I retyped it again and again, went to my web e-mail, ftp, etc... It all works again. :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?:

Why? I don't have a freaking clue! Maybe because I said a prayer Sunday? Maybe because it was unplugged for 40 hrs.? Or maybe one of you hackers felt like doing a good deed?

Frankly, I don't give a da..n as long as I don't have that problem again!
____________________ :mrgreen:
Thanks again for all your help!
BuckLakePost.com

Postby fast-pack.com » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:58 pm

CONGRATULATIONS DUDE!
fast-pack.com

Previous

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting