[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Please HELP, I cannot access my website from home. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Please HELP, I cannot access my website from home.

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Please HELP, I cannot access my website from home.

Postby BuckLakePost.com » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:15 pm

Problem, I cannot access my website from home.

what I have done:

1. I have reformatted twice. running xp

2. Firewall is off.

3. can access any other website

4. www.bucklakepost.com accesses from any other computer

5. when I plug another computer into the same modem, I CAN access the website.

6. I took my computer to best buy and they plugged it in and instantly brought up the website with no problem.

7. I have stumped HP tech support, web host tech support, comcast tech support, and 2 teams with MS tech support

So, if you can solve the problem then you are the man (or woman)!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BuckLakePost.com

Postby scott » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:18 pm

Bucklake,

When you attempt to access your site, what dispays on the screen?

Scott
scott

Postby bucklakepost.com » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:23 pm

Scott, thanks for you help.

The message states "website www.bucklakepost.com not found"
bucklakepost.com

Postby scott » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:30 pm

hhhmmmmmmm

Are you typing in the address or doing a copy and paste. I can see your site.

What is your index file called? Try or

If you use Frontpage, you may want to try:

Just some quick thoughts

It has to be something simple if everyone can access it.

Scott
scott

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:45 pm

Scott,

You would think it would be something simple, but it is stumping everyone so far.

In dos mode, it access the site with no problem. Ping 4 sent, 4 replies

we have traced the entire route successfully.

All the tech supports have tried everything their "books" tell them to do.

Other things I have done:
1. updated windows
2. downloaded and run adaware and spybot
3. used several browsers
4. deleted and reuploaded comcast settings
5. restrained myself from smashing my new computer.lol
6. minimized the security settings

The big question(s) is why would one computer work with the modem and the other not?

Why would the one that doesn't access the site, work on another connection?

And why would it let me access every other site?

BTW, I was in FTP when it quit allowing me to access nearly 10 days ago.

Postby scott » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:17 pm

scott

Postby Robert Puddy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:59 am

Robert Puddy

Postby sugarrae » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:40 am

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Tom Fosson » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:49 am

I have the same problem in trying to access one of my sites with "www." prepended to the domain name. I am able to access my site fine with just the domain name, eg. mydomain.com, but trying to reach www.mydomain.com results in a "DNS" error (Host Not Found). Every other computer I try it from accesses it fine either way it is typed in. All my other sites hosted with the same company work fine either way. :roll:

You might try running "Start->Run->ipconfig /flushdns". It didn't help in my own situation, but might with yours.

Cheers,
Tom
Tom Fosson

Thanks for your replies

Postby BuckLakePost.com » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:42 am

Thanks for all of your replies, I will have to try some of these solutions tonight.

Scott, you may be right about the XP being corrupt. My next meeting with MS they are supposed to be reinstalling a new windows and every other program that was factory installed manually. Unfortunately, this will not be until Tuesday or Wednesday. It is a slow process when dealing with tech sometimes! argh!!

I have tried logging onto FTP directly only. I do not use any software. I was in FTP trying to build the site when all my problems began.

I have cleared the browser cache and even tried netscape along with IE.

I have reformatted and updated windows. I should receive the software disks with XP this Monday. I was hoping to find another solution though. MS is pretty much trying anything at this point.

HOTBOBS, thanks for your reply. Yes, I have tried hitting the refresh. I do know what you are refering to. I have had the same problem with other computers using XP.

CHRISNRAE, thanks for your reply. I have not switched hosts, but this is my first host (hostgenie). I will contact my ISP tonight or asap and see if your advice works!

TOM, thanks for your reply. Yes, I have tried entering with www, ww, no w's, etc... None worked. I will try running "start->run->ipconfig /flushdns tonight.

To all, thanks again for your help and I will let you know what (if anything) solves my computer problems!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
BuckLakePost.com

correction

Postby BuckLakePost.com » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:04 am

Errr, I do not use any FTP software. I do use frontpage. :twisted:
BuckLakePost.com

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:14 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby BuckLakePost.com » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:24 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome Lynn, this is a nice site you have created.

I could become addicted, lol :D
It will be nice to learn from each other! :?: :?: :?:
BuckLakePost.com

Postby fast-pack.com » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:28 pm

Hello All!,

I have been trying to help Tom (bucklakepost) and could be of NO help, tried everything I could imagine but not good enough.

Also, he was using IE to ftp at the time, he is not using an ftp program.

Also, could it be something related to his firewall?
fast-pack.com

Postby scott » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:03 pm

Fast-Pack,

I don't think he has a firewall problem because the firewall keeps people out. Unless he somehow configured his firewall to stop traffic from that specific site. But then again BB tech support was able to bring it up!

I'm embarressed, I'm stumped and do this for a living!!! :oops: :oops:

Scott
scott

Next

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting