[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Addon Domain • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Addon Domain

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Addon Domain

Postby Ann » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:20 am

Hi,

Wanted to know how I can add a 2nd Domain without it appearing as a subdomain/folder under the 1st Domain.

I am using hostgator and package that I am using is the "baby"croc which allows multple domains. I have just created my 2nd website and wanted to add in. However, after publishing, found that the url appeared as

"www.Domain1.com/Domain2"

How can I publish the site with just url as www.Domain2.com.

This is what I have done:

1. I used the "addon" in cpanel to add in my 2nd domain i.e Domain2.com
2. I then created a folder in the root directory public_html/ using the name Domain2
3. I publish the 2nd site with these publishing details:

Domain name: www.Domain2.com
ftp server: ftp.Domain2.com
ftp directory: /public_html/Domain2.

Are these correct?

Appreciate all help on this

Thanks

Ann
Ann

Postby Alan Petersen » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:47 am

Did they give you access to Cpanel WHM?

You can check by entering your url with /whm. Like this:

http://www.yourdomain.com/whm

Once logged in to WHM under "Account Funtions" click on Create a New Account and follow the prompts. You will also need to update your nameservers for your domain from your domain cp at GoDaddy or wherever you have your domains.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Ann » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:45 am

I'm not aware of whm you mentioned. Does it suppose to come with the "baby"croc package that I have chosen?
Ann

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:13 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Marc Meole » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:56 pm

Marc Meole

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting