[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Selling Domain Names • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Selling Domain Names

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Selling Domain Names

Postby uniquelyyours » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:04 pm

Hi

I am interested in finding out if anyone can give some information or where I can find out the right way of getting involved in selling domain names. This would be only the domain for example say just to give one off the top of my head 'affiliate-do-donts.com' how would someone go about selling domains name.

1) how would one have to register it initially with godaddy or network solutions.

2) can this be done without having to shell out a great deal of money.

3) If possible what is the simplest way to go about doing something like this.

4)Would it be better to build the website first and then sell the entire package so to say domain and business.

5) I thank you in advance, any and all comments are welcome thanks again. :?
Uniquelyyours

[url=http://www.opinionpower.com/Surveys/668011942.html]
Survey Please Participate[/url]
uniquelyyours

Postby Chris Bailey » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:20 pm

By selling domain names, do you mean actually becoming a registrar? Or are you just talking about becoming an affiliate for a registrar.

Chris B.
Chris Bailey

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:53 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby uniquelyyours » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:46 pm

Coming up with 'good' usable names and selling them. I would register them ? if possible if that is a easy route to go. Or find prospects, offer some suggestions to them, ask what they are looking for etc, possibly go from there after optaining the additional information needed. I did not think of the affiliate route that may be a option. ? lol thanks

I hope I'm being a little clearer.
:?
uniquelyyours

Postby Dana Stephens » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:22 pm

Dana Stephens

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:46 pm

Godaddy also has a reseller program that you can get into for $99 a year. That would give you an automated platform to operate on.

Here's the description from the site:

~Very competitive buy rates!
~Sensational assortment of money making products for you to sell, including domain names, email, hosting, Web site builders, Internet utilities and more!
~The ONLY reseller program with Private Domain Registrations!
~You set your prices - and make the margins you want and need!
~Instant Domain Reseller sites put you in business fast!
~Best-in-industry systems and 24/7 support!
~No deposit, No advance purchases and No minimum sales required!

Just visit goddaddy.com and click "Reseller Program" in the top nav. menu.

also offers an automated reseller plan that includes a lot of features. You may think about that option before setting up your own system. If I could I would opt for the automation. :)
Jennifer Hadorn

Postby mrCaffeine » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:14 pm

Hello!

I actually know a fellow, by the name Howard who also offers domain registration services.

For $7.95 a year you'll recieve:

-DOMAIN FORWARDING & MASKING
-100-PACK EMAIL FORWARDING (you@yourname.com)
-PARKED PAGE OR FOR SALE PAGE (coming soon)

And several other goodies. If you do decide to go there, just let him know Eric R. sent ya!

*edit* Well it seems Howard also comes here! Hehe, I had no clue. Find howard here: http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... php?t=1401

Cya,
Eric R
mrCaffeine

Postby sugarrae » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:46 pm

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Warren Contreras » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:43 am

Warren Contreras

Postby uniquelyyours » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:37 am

Thanks this is great information I will be researching more on it. Just came to me one day while brainstorming for google. Thanks everyone. Have a good day.

Michelle
:)

uniquelyyours

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting