[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Help With Choosing A Hosting Company • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Help With Choosing A Hosting Company

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Help With Choosing A Hosting Company

Postby southernbg » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:22 am

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to make it into the world of WordPress and Websites. I am trying to find the right nosting company for me. This will be my 3rd attempt at it and what to make it my last. The first company I was with was 1and1 and that was a pure nightmare for me. The second company I went with was wonderful but I just did not have to patiences to figure everything out! LOL!

With that being said, I am looking into the second company again as well as another company because of a recommendation from another WAHM.

Right now, I want a company with reliable and fast email service, a website builder and will allow me to do WordPress. Both of these companies have that but I am not sure about the Webspace and Data transfer. I guess that is b/c I am not sure as to what to look for.

So I thought I would list what they offered here and let you all give me advice on the two.

Company A:

PACKAGES Victory Peace Pride Honor Glory
Monthly Billing $7.00 $10.00 $12.00 $15.00 $18.00
Quarterly Billing $21.00 $30.00 $36.00 $45.00 $54.00
Semi-Annual Billing $42.00 $60.00 $72.00 $90.00 $108.00
Annual Billing (*special ends July 17!) $70.00 $100.00 $120.00 $150.00 $180.00
Setup Fees FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE
Web Space 100 MB 150 MB 250 MB 350 MB 500 MB
Data Transfer 3500 MB 4500 MB 6500 MB 10000 MB 12500 MB
POP E-Mail unlimited unlimited unlimited unlimited unlimited
Sub & Parked Domains unlimited unlimited unlimited unlimited unlimited
FTP Accounts unlimited unlimited unlimited unlimited unlimited
MySQL Database unlimited unlimited unlimited unlimited unlimited
Mailing Lists unlimited unlimited unlimited unlimited unlimited
Shopping Cart YES YES YES YES YES
Soholaunch Pro Edition Basic Site Builder YES YES YES YES YES
Add only $4. a month to any package to get the Soholaunch Pro Edition Advanced Options Package!

All plans include:

cPanel 9.9.9-STABLE 15

Preinstalled SCRIPTS

CGI-BIN

File Manager

Password Protected Directories

SSL
PHP 4.3.9

Custom Error Pages

Raw Logs

Mime Types

Cronjobs

FrontPage
Virus Scanning

Web Statistics

Auto Responders

Spam Assasin

Perl 5.8.4

Company B:

Monthly Price /if paid annually/ $ 4.00
Data Storage 15000 MB
Data Transfer 300 GB
Domains Hosted 1
Setup fee FREE
Money back guarantee 30 days
Domain Registration

CUSTOMER SUPPORT
24/7 customer support
Phone support
Extensive online documentation
Integrated ticketing system
1 Hour response guarantee

DOMAINS AND SUB-DOMAINS
Domains Hosted 1
Sub-domains 12
Custom MX and A records

FREE FEATURES
Online website builder - Site Studio
FrontPage Extensions support
Elefante Free Scripts »

E-MAIL FEATURES
POP3 e-mail accounts 100
E-mail aliases 100
Mailing lists 5
SPAM filter
E-mail filter
Anti-Virus protection
Web e-mail
POP3 server
SMTP server
Autoresponder e-mails
Catch-all e-mails
E-mail forwarding

SCRIPTING AND DATABASE
MySQL databases 1
phpMyAdmin
Python support
Perl support
PHP support
PHP support in HTML files
Over 3400 Perl modules
Crontab support 1

SITE MANAGEMENT TOOLS
Advanced Control Panel
FTP accounts 5
Web based file manager
Custom ERROR 404 page
Password protected directories

MISC FEATURES
Instant account activation
SSL with certificate generation
SSI support
SSH support Optional
Unrestricted bandwidth

SITE STATISTICS
Raw access and error logs
Traffic stats - WebAlizer
Detailed bandwidth stats

OS, CONNECTIVITY AND BACK-UP
Stable Linux with Apache
2.5 GBits network connectivity
Daily data back-up
UPS & diesel back-up generator

Monthly Price /if paid annually/ $ 4.00
Annual Price $ 48.00

$ 8.50

Any advice you have would be greatly appreicated! Oh, one more thing. I know that both companies have EXCELLENT customer service.

Thanks In Advance!

In Gratitude,

Natalie
southernbg
Elite Member

Postby Domain Name Guy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:04 pm

Domain Name Guy

i see...

Postby calvinchin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:24 pm

calvinchin

Postby robert adams » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:33 am

nowdays, you can pretty much choose based on price versus features.

the first one you listed is way over priced.

the second one is much better and if you know they have good service then that could overshadow the fact that they limit you on emails and only give you 1 database.
I pay about that same price for the same features, except that I have unlimited databases, emails, and can host many domain names.

I agree, go to webhosingtalk.com
you will still have to choose for yourself, but you will get a lot of info to help you make that decision.
robert adams
Elite Member

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting