[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anyone using 1and1.com for web hosting? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anyone using 1and1.com for web hosting?

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Anyone using 1and1.com for web hosting?

Postby nar321 » Mon May 22, 2006 3:36 pm

I only thought I had problems till I decided to test something out using the website I have at 1and1. After some difficulty I was able to upload CMS Made Simple. However when I go to my control panel and try to access it I am unable to find and install it. What am I missing in my attempt to do this?
nar321
Elite Member

Postby eBookWriter » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:19 pm

Hi nar321,

I've only just signed up with them this morning. I'd heard only good things about them, so took a chance because they offer a nice amount of space, plus other perks.

I know this won't help you, but I'm happy to find someone who's hosting there also! I do hope you can get your problem solved!
eBookWriter

Re: Anyone using 1and1.com for web hosting?

Postby robert adams » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:15 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby eBookWriter » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:39 pm

Yes, a little more info would be good. Are you using the ftp info in your FTP Access panel?

I tried to upload using the same user info for logging in, as I would from any other of my sites. 1&1 is different. They assign you an ftp user name which is different from your login user name. You can change the passowrd, but it'll take about a half hour for the changes to take place.

But if you've already got a site uploaded, then you probably know this. So, did you upload it to /.? Were there any instructions as to how to upload it, or where it ought to go. Is it something that needs a directory of its own?

Have you tried contacting support there for help? They may not answer on the spot, but they have responded within 24 hours. Actually, the emails I sent after the first one were answered the same day.
eBookWriter

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting