[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - HEEEEEEEEEEELLLPPPPPPPPPPP • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

HEEEEEEEEEEELLLPPPPPPPPPPP

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

HEEEEEEEEEEELLLPPPPPPPPPPP

Postby pigeonpie » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:57 pm

Hi there

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you with your advice of my new forum. The members are building slowly and people are posting but any ideas how to get some more members1

I know you get asked this thousands of times but really getting into this forum lark and enjoying it but would like some more members to enjoy it as much as me

Ideas appreciated posted link to my forum which is not a referral link

would appreciate some more feedback please! :wink:
pigeonpie

Postby MarketingSyndrome » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:49 pm

Hello pigeonpie,
Here is my feedback.

First of all, I really recommend you to get a domain name. Your url is too long and an average person like me will never remember your url. You can get a domain name under $6 at 1and1.com.

I also recommend you to start with less forum topics. You have about 33 topics and 11 registered members. I would start around 1-5 topics only until you get at least 100 people. Don't erase them, just disable them for a while.

I think you are in the right track, just keep posting in your forum and keep advertising. Don't forget to communicate with your current members.

Good Luck.
MarketingSyndrome

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:30 pm

I agree - getting a domain name will really help people to remember your forum and give it a lot more credibility. Also, customizing your template can go a long way in making your forum more inviting.

Make sure you do a search for "forum directory" and "forums" and similar and get your link added to all of the lists out there!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby angelaaa » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:54 pm

If you can't get a domain name at this time it's VERY important that the title of your forum be correct.

You have "Rollinginitforum" and I'm not sure folks are going to find it by doing keyword specific searches. Maybe I should give you an example of what I am referring to:

On my forum here:
http://www.yoshi2me.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

If you do a search for "STD Message Board" you will easily find me on any of your favorite search engines. That's because I tried to encorporate an easily searched term into the title. This works well for those folks (like myself) that don't have any particular specialty domain. As you can see.. yoshi2me in the url means nothing to somebody that doesn't know what it is and is searching for information on STD's.

So back to your "Rollinginitforum" .. Maybe you want to use the phrase "Your Rolling In It Forum" as some sort of catch phrase to go underneath your title... At this point I'm not sure what Rollin' In It means... are you referring to rolling in money? Are you referring to rolling in the hay?

Do you see what I mean? In any case.. I'm just as new to this as you are so please take my opinion with a grain of salt. Just wanted to share what I think with you and then see what you think about that.

I can't really say anything about how many categories that you have because I have a whopping 37!!! lol

Oh and for those following this thread I would LOVE to get some constructive feedback on my forum. I'm always open to suggestions, ideas, and ways to improve what I'm already trying to do.

Thanks you guys!

Angela :D
angelaaa

Return to Portals, Forums & Membership Sites