[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hot to get people to post on forums? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hot to get people to post on forums?

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Whoops!

Postby HarmonyM » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:29 pm

Whoops! It logged me as "guest". :-/ Sorry about that. That
was from me.
HarmonyM

Postby altyfc » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:06 pm

There's some really good advice there... well done. At the end of the day, forums will succeed or fail on the effort that is put into them. The time can be hard to justify sometimes, but it's worth it once you see the results... :)

Aaron
altyfc

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:31 pm

Hello Harmony & Welcome to the SSWT Forum :D

I was just over at your forum earlier today, and intend on getting back over there and joining in ;) Its great to finally 'meet' you! I look forward to interacting with you - I stand to learn a lot from your experience... and I'm sure the members here will enjoy and appreciate your contributions as well.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby HarmonyM » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:27 pm

Thanks very much Lynn (and Aaron, too). Same here. : )
HarmonyM

Postby karadawn » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:27 pm

karadawn

Tell us a bit about yourself

Postby flensborg » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:27 am

flensborg

Postby nsusa » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:02 pm

If a forum owner is not active on hos or her boards it will take additional time to get the board going at all. Also - the topic needs to be well chosen. If you jump into a niche it is much more difficult to attract visitors.

Also often a forum is started to sell something. Don't! First start the community, then slowly start selling stuff that is related to the forum. I run a forum about the American way of life. I started an accompanying book store through the Amazon.com affiliate program and linked to it from my signature. I am the top poster with almost 6,000 postings. I was always present. It works just fine. I have less time now and sales are slowing down but the forum is active like crazy and basically runs itself.

Christoph
nsusa

Previous

Return to Portals, Forums & Membership Sites