[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hot to get people to post on forums? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hot to get people to post on forums?

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Hot to get people to post on forums?

Postby wahmcafe » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:42 am

Hello :)

My web site has 24 registered members and I see people online all the time but they don't seem to post much on the forums. I wonder why that is :roll: I know it is still early, the web site has started two weeks ago but I would just like more feedback.
Do you have any idea on how to motivate them to join the forums?
Thanks,
Biki 8)
wahmcafe

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:56 am

Hi Biki :D

One thing you might try is starting topics of interest to your group, and then placing a link to that topic on the main page of your site. Also feature that topic in your newsletter.

I've seen others host contests among forum members, too - though I cant say firsthand how well this works...

As your site grows, and you gain more members to your forum, you shouldnt have any problem keeping things active. Once you start a few topics and feature them throughout your site (targeted for the content on that particular page) and in your newsletter... then you can just concentrate on promoting the website itself and bringing in new visitors, subscribers and forum members ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re:

Postby wahmcafe » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:48 am

Thanks Lynn :)
I will try that :)
Biki 8) (I LOVE this emoticon, obviously:))
wahmcafe

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:59 am

Thats funny... LOL

Biki: 8)
Cate: :shock:
Lynn :D
Becky :twisted:

hehe...

James :lol:
Henrik :| (sorry, Henrik - couldnt resist!!)

... better quit there LOL
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby James Mann » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:45 am

Good morning Biki

I clicked your link for webcafe but you link is not complete. It does not
have .com on the end so it can't display the page.

I notice on a few of the forums I goto that the owners do not play enough
of a role in their forum.

Lynn is right on, you need to start people talking. Give them something
to answer.

On forum I goto put on a contest and got some action but as soon as the
contest was over the forum went quite again. I really believe the owner
has to take action and be a strong part of it.
James Mann

Re:

Postby wahmcafe » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:25 am

Thanks for noticing that the link doesn't work, fixed it :)
Well, I have posted a few more topics, so we'll see.
Thanks for the advice :)
Biki (and again) 8)
:D
wahmcafe

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:30 am

Keep us posted! :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby blackpaw » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:47 am

I agree with James' suggestion above. When I see that my forum is starting to slow down on a given day, I *try* to stimulate conversation. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But, I always figure it can't hurt to try and it works more often than not :)

I've enjoyed posting on your forum, Biki! I'll continue to visit...
blackpaw

Postby guest » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:20 pm

Re:

Postby wahmcafe » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:35 pm

wahmcafe

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:03 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re:

Postby wahmcafe » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:52 pm

Hm, Lynn, you sure it is under mods?
This is what I found:
Documentation
Read the guides on using the phpBB2 system.

MODS-Database
Here you can download and submit completed modifications.

MODS-Database (pre 2.0.4)
Here you can download and submit completed modifications.

Check Your MOD Template Syntax
Here you can check your modifiction template syntax before uploading it to the mods database.

Biki 8)
wahmcafe

Re:

Postby wahmcafe » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:02 pm

Sorry, found it (duh!) :shock:
Biki (the retarded webmaster) 8)
wahmcafe

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:15 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby americanwahm » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:21 pm

My forums are quiet and I have chose not to do anything to stimulate them. I am starting to believe that the world just did not need another WAHM forum :) But, I haven't pitched it yet. You never know when things will change. :)

Patient, Kelly
http://www.usawahm.com
americanwahm
Elite Member

Next

Return to Portals, Forums & Membership Sites