[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Installing Forum • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Installing Forum

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Installing Forum

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:26 pm

Hi everyone,
I have been trying to install a forum on my site now for the past week and cannot get it to install.

I have used the flash tutorial and went step by step, deleted and tried again and it still will not install. I am using GoDaddy for hosting.

Any help or ideas?
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:19 pm

Which forum script are you trying to install? Does your hosting account meet the requirements to run the script?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:28 pm

Trying to install PhpBB and I am almost positive that GoDaddy.com supports that. I checked into it before I hosted there, but I may have missed something.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:58 pm

Can you give us a link to GoDaddy's hosting features?

You'll need to set up a mysql database, which is in the install instructions for the phpbb script. Did all of that go well?

(and I assume you've already called their technical support number?)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:05 pm

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/ ... %2B&ci=146

I am starting with the Economy Plan until things get going, maybe that is the problem.

I thought I had set up the database correctly but maybe not.

Haven't called them yet, was hoping to avoid that, but may have to.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:19 pm

I just saw on another post that GoDaddy is not highly recommended. I thought I had done my research and had made a good choice, now I am wondering.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:23 pm

At first glance it looks compatible, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I've been on the phone with GoDaddy already today - not a fun experience :roll:

I would at least give them a call and see if its an easy fix.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:27 pm

Thanks Lynn. As always you are great to help.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby ashley3471 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:57 pm

ashley3471

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:09 pm

Monna Ellithorpe

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:36 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Portals, Forums & Membership Sites