[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Finally added a forum to my site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Finally added a forum to my site

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Finally added a forum to my site

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:02 am

I have wanted to install a PHPbb forum on my site for months. I finally have done it. I have been working the last two days on creating categories and forums.

Care to take a peek and maybe register?

Here's the link:
http://www.mommyenterprises.com/forum

Best Wishes
MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:04 am

Congrats! The phpbb forums are very customizable- it's a great script to work with. How do you plan to promote your new forum?

Also, you may want to put your navigation links or buttons across the top, so that people can get back to your main site. You'll find that the forum attracts a lot of visitors on its own, and you'll want to make sure they know you have more to offer!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:46 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:25 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:43 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:28 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:08 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:16 pm

Didnt know what :?:

(how is it you always seem to lose me?? LOL)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:47 pm

Haven't the foggiest, Lynny...

I don't recall misplacing you. :roll:

I was talking about your confession that you found how to set up all those neat forum goodies at ww.phpBB.com!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:18 pm

Oh - well that's no confession :P They have an excellent support community and offer tons of features. It's just a matter of choosing the mods that you want to implement and making your way through each of them. Lots to choose from! (My "wish list" is quite long LOL - I'm hoping to finish it up in the next couple of months)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Don't let her fool you....

Postby Liz Tomey » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:44 pm

*lol* Lynn doesn't give herself enough credit. PHPbb had me so ticked off and frustrated that I know pay 14.95 a month for my forum... :evil:

I'm a web designer for goodness sakes... I understand php better than most, and I just couldn't make the silly thing work.

I got it all installed, but the admin stuff just wouldn't work for me. I have no idea what I did wrong, and a lot of people tried to help me with it. I'm just glad it's over. :) I have a forum and it does what I want.....

Lynn is good with this stuff... Don't let her fool you... *lol*
Liz Tomey

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:14 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby HGPgal » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:09 am

The MomShow forum looks great, Lynn, & right up my alley... How about adding a section for Home Decorating?!?!?! :D

~~Lisa
HGPgal

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:27 am

Thank you, Lisa :D

You should make that suggestion to Traci & Michelle: TheMomShow@yahoo.com !
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Portals, Forums & Membership Sites