[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Lets share banned email addresses from our forums • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Lets share banned email addresses from our forums

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Lets share banned email addresses from our forums

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:56 pm

Hello,

I just spent an hour deleting spammer accounts and posts that made it through my forum filters so I'm just ticked off right now. I truly hate these dirtbag, lazy, useless, grabasstic, mud-sucking pond scum. Whew, that felt good!

Anyway...I just added some more email addresses to my banned list in the ban control section of my admin cp for my forum. The #1 in my ban list are all email addresses from this domain: cashette.com. Must be used just for spammers! So I've banned all email addresses from that domain (using * as a wildcard to prevent any of them signing up from that spam friendly service).

I thought I would share my forum banned email addresses here and you would do the same so we can have a comprehensive list to stop some of these dirtbags. My list as of 01-13-07:

*@cashette.com
*@mail.ru
*@filki.com
*@gawab.com
*@videodir.biz
*@bk.ru
*@1net.gr
*@aolo.com
*@pisem.net
*@web.de
*@hotpop.com
*@post.su
*@list.ru
*@videodir.biz
*@bestwayhealth.org
*@dietdrugsguide.org
*@finance-on-line.biz
*@yoricksite.biz
*@pochtamt.ru

8)
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:25 am

check this out for your spam problem:

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:09 am

I've done everything in section 2: latest update, I've set activation to user, disaled guest posting, and I've enabled visual confirmation but I'm still getting about spam posts. I'm capturing a lot of dirtbags, I deleted 85 "members" awaiting approval today but I'm still getting spam posts.

Section 3, the artillery looks interesting so I'll check that out for possible solutions. Thanks for the link.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:10 pm

Did you know, there's now a phpBB mod that makes use of Akistmet's internal database of spammers. It's something for forum owners to consider and it may help to curb spam problems all around, not just for other forum members, but bloggers as well.

Just a thought :)
~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:39 pm

The first one seems to have been abandoned by the developer, but the second one has potential. I'm going to try this out. Thanks for the links, Teli!!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby angelaaa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:44 pm

Lynn Terry ~

This photo that you have up of yourself is by far the best one I think I've ever seen.

Very nice!!

Sorry about changing the subject, I just HAD to tell you.

Angela :D
angelaaa

Postby Jim Guinn » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:43 am

Even my relatively new forum with 30 some odd members is already catching spam posts.

I belong to 10 forums, and this one by far seems to get the most spam posts...sorry Lynn.

One thing we can do to help forum owners is to report any spam via the reporting option whenever we see it...if the forum has this option.

Another thing I have is a forum area for the members to report spam by just posting the spam post link.

It's sad to say, but that is the first forum I check whenever I log in to my own forum.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:56 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby robert adams » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:29 am

I don't know about other forum scripts, but phpbb has several ways/MODs to help reduce/stop the spammer problem.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby angelaaa » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:09 pm

Robert ~

Which ones to you recommend?

Thanks so much,

Angela :wink:
angelaaa

Postby robert adams » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:03 am

robert adams
Elite Member