[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - To grow and energize my forum • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

To grow and energize my forum

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

To grow and energize my forum

Postby NetDebut » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:40 am

To do that, I dug deep and did a few things:

1) I upgraded my forum to the most recent version
2) I changed the design to make it more fresh and appealing
3) I added more features and easy to navigate links
4) I added incentives and motivation, such as winning the $30k in 30 days DVD for posting, advertising opportunity within the forum and more
5) I keep constant communication with my members and keep them updated

Does anyone else have other ideas?

Just what I've done in the past few days have increased my traffic by more than double, 3 membership registrations last night and plenty of posts. It's a big jump because the last registration before last night was 2 weeks ago. I've been at sea for 3 months, so I'm trying very hard to bring my forum back to life and growing again.
NetDebut

Postby robert adams » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:53 pm

doing what you have just done is one of the best ways to get more members.

posting in other boards with relevant info or questions,
and having a link in your sig file.

good work.

robert

EDIT: but wait, that link in your sig file does not go to your board , just to a sales page.

what do you think you should do about that?

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby NetDebut » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:12 pm

NetDebut

Return to Portals, Forums & Membership Sites