[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Populating a New Forum: Hiring Forum Posters • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Populating a New Forum: Hiring Forum Posters

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Populating a New Forum: Hiring Forum Posters

Postby Sunshine » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:26 am

Nowadays a lot of people are turning to forum posters to populate their forum with a lot of posts.

What many people are doing is going to forum posting sites and hiring people from there to post to their forums.

Well, with one of my sites I became curious about the idea about hiring forum posters for a new forum which I added to my site.

However, instead of going to one of these forum posting sites, I hired several ghostwriters from the ghostwriting site in my signature, of course :).

Before I hired them I made sure to request writers that are well veresed in the subject matter of my site.

I have to say, that so far I am quite pleased with the results. Who better to make quality post to forums than someone who is a professional writer on the subject of my site?

I am very happy to say that I'm getting lots and lots of high quality posts to my forum. And that my forum is filling up quite nicely with useful information.

So, to anyone else in the same situation of wanting to populate their new forum, you many want to consider hiring a few ghostwriters that are experienced in writing about the topic of your site. You may be pleasantly surprised!

Sunshine
Sunshine

Postby rodgerc » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:31 pm

Hi,

That is a great tip! I'm going to be starting a new forum soon. Hiring ghostwriters to do some of the work is a good idea.

How much are you paying the ghostwriters?

Thanks,
Rodger
rodgerc
Elite Member

Postby Sunshine » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:23 pm

Hi,

If you're on a budget, hiring ghostwriters for forum posting is a heck of a lot cheaper than hiring them to write articles for you.

When I was doing my research for this experiment, I found that a forum poster was being paid about $10 for 50 posts. So if you want 3 posters that would be $30. Not bad to have your forum filling up with quality posts.

Sunshine
Sunshine

Postby pcwork » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:04 pm

pcwork

Postby Sunshine » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:06 am

Sunshine

Postby Sunshine » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:10 am

By the way, I should also note that I had bids from some writers who were willing to write 50 posts for $6 - which is a great price. At that rate you can get several posters for your forum at a low price.

Sunshine
Sunshine

Postby robert adams » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:30 am

I am curious what you are gaining by this. How does this get your board noticed by others that will be your real members/posters? How is this helping you to get new members to your board so that you can continue to grow without having to keep paying people to post?

I just don't see any benefit to doing this, other than getting started with a few good posts.

Heck, you can copy some free articles about your subject matter into a brand new board and get the same affect I think.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Sunshine » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:25 am

Sunshine

Postby robert adams » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:24 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Sunshine » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:14 am

Sunshine

Postby Warren Contreras » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:53 am

Warren Contreras

Postby DesigningLife » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:50 am

This is an interesting concept I had not heard of before (can we say "duh"?).

I love Lynn's forum and the people she has frequenting it, so I came here looking for tips to drive posters to my new message boards. I feel like I am talking to myself over there and it is very frustrating.

I'm not sure I would want to "hire" people to post - will have to give it some thought. In the meantime, does anyone have other tips for increasing members and posts to new boards? With so many MB's out there, I am wondering if I have any chance at all.
DesigningLife

Postby Warren Contreras » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:36 pm

Warren Contreras

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:52 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby americanwahm » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:22 am

I've used paid forum posters to get a new forum populated. Mainly because empty forums don't inspire much activity :)

In addition to sparking new converstaions, I asked my paid posters to focus on acknowledging and engaging other forum users in conversations, encouraging them to make a habit of coming back.

This is the forum I've used them on...
http://www.familyfoodnetwork.com/forums
americanwahm
Elite Member

Next

Return to Portals, Forums & Membership Sites