[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anyone use Proboards? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anyone use Proboards?

Join us here to discuss community-based websites or business-models. Scripts, resources, marketing, management, profitability & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Anyone use Proboards?

Postby LynnWilson » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:34 pm

LynnWilson

Re: Anyone use Proboards?

Postby captkirk » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:18 am

captkirk

Thanks

Postby LynnWilson » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:22 pm

Thank you so much for your help. I was happy with how easy they were to set up. Now, I'll just see how it goes.

Lynn :D
LynnWilson

Postby cheaputils » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:17 am

Hi, my first ever forum was with Proboards. It ran for about 9 months, then I switched to a phpbb one. The reason I switched was that Proboards is supported by advertising, but you can't put things like Adsense on your boards, and the Proboards staff tended to exhibit rather draconian behaviour towards it's hosted boards. If any board member trasgressed the AUP, the board could be deleted without warning, which I found totally unacceptable.

I stayed with phpbb for a little while, then moved to SMF boards. I have to pay for hosting, but I can moneytize the boards with my own Adsense/Affiliate code to offset the costs.

Free boards are ok, but you have to abide by other people's rules rather than your own, which you may eventually becoming unhappy with.
Last edited by cheaputils on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheaputils

Postby robert adams » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:51 pm

also keep in mind that most of the free boards do not allow you to get a copy of your database.

that is where all your members, posts, etc are located.

if you decide to move for any reason, you will have to start completely over again.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Return to Portals, Forums & Membership Sites