[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How Can Customers Download My eBook From My Website? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How Can Customers Download My eBook From My Website?

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How Can Customers Download My eBook From My Website?

Postby RobD » Sat May 28, 2005 1:43 pm

I figured out how to FTP my website to my webspace at my hosting account. My question is how to make a separate (non-linked) download page from which a customer downloads the eBook after paying at PayPal.

Here's the eBook request, payment and download flow sequence:

1. Customer decides to buy my eBook and clicks on the payment option on my website which takes them to PayPal.

2. Customer makes credit card, debit card or PayPal payment and then is directed to a link that takes them to the download page stored on a file at my website hosting account.

I'm assuming that it's not as simple as uploading the eBook (by itself) to a file at my hosting account - so my question is:

"Do I need to design an HTML download page that gives instructions on how to download the eBook with a hyperlink to the eBook?"

Exactly how do I go about getting the eBook to a page (accessible only from PayPal) on my webspace at my hosting account?

Once I figure out the mechanics of getting the eBook in a place where the customer can download it, I can FTP it to my hosting account.

Thanks in advance for shedding some light on this technical question.

RobD
RobD

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun May 29, 2005 3:58 pm

Hi Rob,

First, upload your ebook (via FTP) to a new directory on your hosting server. For example, you can create a folder and name it "download" and then put a blank index.htm file inside that folder (this keeps people from being able to go straight to a listing of what is in that folder if they didnt purchase from you - instead they would get a blank page (index.htm)).

Next, upload your ebook to that new directory. Create a download page (HTML) with download instructions and anything else you want to say to your customers. Basically you will be giving them a link to the product here, which will be yourdomain.com/download/filename.pdf

You can set up your order process through PayPal, giving them the URL to your new download page, which will keep the order process secure.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Help!!

Postby Nate » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:27 pm

Nate

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:07 pm

Hi Nate,

This should prove helpful:
http://www.clickbank.com/getting_started.html

Let us know if you have any other questions!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Nate » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:18 pm

Thanks Lynn,

You're doing a great job!!
Nate

Postby kiatlc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:28 am

kiatlc

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:50 am

I'm not sure how to handle bank transfers...

Aweber does what you're looking for, you can find the how-to in their knowledge base. I dont recall off the top of my head, but its easily done.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Ebooks & Info Products