[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Ebook Question? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Ebook Question?

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Ebook Question?

Postby Maa » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:32 pm

Maa

Postby mellymom3 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:07 pm

Lulu does have a good marketplace with lots of helpful resources. You can make and sell both ebooks and hard covers with Lulu and their prices are pretty good. There are several book format you can choose if deciding to make your book a physical one as well.
If you want to just turn your ebook into a pdf format, you can self publish your book. There are free pdf programs you can download from just type in free pdf software and they will provide you a list for both Mac and PC.
Either way you decide, publishing an ebook is pretty quick and easy.
mellymom3

Postby Kit Singleton » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:38 am

For ebooks, your best bet is to self publish and you can even set up the process with PayPal. This is best if you only a few ebooks. Once you have several ebooks, you may want to create the ebook and then add them to a shopping cart like the one you can find at WAHMcart.com.

If you want to publish a paperback, an alternative to Lulu is CafePress.com. I like CafePress best because you can also create promotional material to go with your books. For instance, if you create a cookbook, you can also add a related graphic to an apron or kitchen magnet to use in contests or as a "thank you."
Kit Singleton

Postby gallito89 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:32 pm

The best way to sell an ebook is with ClickBank, it allows you to build up an army of affiliates to do your dirty work :)
gallito89

Postby Maa » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Maa

Postby Ron Killian » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:55 am

Ron Killian

Postby Anita Shaw » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 am

Word and WordPerfect have PDF creators also. I create my content in them, publish to PDF from the dropdown menu, and edit in Acrobat if I need to do that. Just my preference. I like the tools in Acrobat. PDF995 has a separate program to edit your stuff in. Forget what its officially called.

Alternately, you can edit in your word processor program, and republish to PDF. I've done that as well in the days before I got Acrobat as a gift.

have had people contact me to ask how to edit in Adobe Reader.
Anita Shaw

Postby Ron Killian » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:49 am

Ron Killian

Postby Anita Shaw » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:29 pm

Ah, okay, sorry bout that. I'm so used to having it sit up there in my tool bar since I think Word 2002, I'm thinking it's a part of the program.

I did have to ask for it to be installed when I installed the software. Word 2003 is said to be the most stable version that runs the add in. I just got it, so I'm still playing.

Read some good reviews about WordPerfect X14 and its handling of PDFs. I may download a trial and see how I like it. I have ver. 12...

Sorry about the mess up!
Anita Shaw

Postby mellymom3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:11 pm

mellymom3

Return to Ebooks & Info Products