This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Created 1st ebook have question...

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Created 1st ebook have question...

Postby edwinnyc » Mon May 05, 2008 8:41 am

Using pdf995 made my 1st ebook.....How do I put a links in there back to my site and also for now wish to go on the cheap and create a ebook cover till I can budget myself for some thing more professional...any free stuff out there!
edwinnyc

Re: Created 1st ebook have question...

Postby AnitaDeFrank » Mon May 05, 2008 8:55 am

edwinnyc wrote:Using pdf995 made my 1st ebook.....How do I put a links in there back to my site and also for now wish to go on the cheap and create a ebook cover till I can budget myself for some thing more professional...any free stuff out there!

I'm not sure what you mean by "how do I put a link in there back to my site". However, if it helps, I often include an "about me" section in the ebook which of course includes links to my sites there.

The quality of your ecover is very important when it comes to sales. There are a lot of low cost options out there. I recently hired a fellow work at home mom to do some ecovers for me and she's extremely affordable. She only charges $15 per cover. This includes a small, medium and large version. I was very happy with her work also.

If you'd like to see the covers she made for me and her website link, drop me a PM.

Take care,
Anita :P
AnitaDeFrank

hi anita would like to get more info

Postby edwinnyc » Tue May 06, 2008 7:22 pm

Hi anita, would like to get in touch with that person concerning the ebook covers please pm me edwin thanks
edwinnyc

Postby Anita DeFrank » Tue May 06, 2008 9:07 pm

Sure, no problem! I'll send you a PM right now ;)

Take care,
Anita :P
Anita DeFrank

Here's how to put a link back to your site

Postby Deji » Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 pm

To put a link back to your site,you will need to use pdf995 and pdf edit together.Primo PDF is also another good option.I will not recommend any ebook cover artist as they are more expensive at $97 compared to the $15 that the other poster recommend.Hope this helps.
Deji

Postby prakharmaheshwari05 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:55 am

thanks even i was having the same question.
thanks a lot

Max Viral Marketing
prakharmaheshwari05

Postby KansasDragon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:13 pm

Is there a reason more people use PDF995 and PDFEdit, rather than using OpenOffice?

I can create my entire document, insert my cover, format it, create my links, and then just save it to a PDF with OpenOffice, but maybe I'm missing some features I'm not aware of??
KansasDragon

Postby Kit Singleton » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Barry,

Most of my clients want me to use Word to create their ebooks. I create fancy-schmancy covers with boarders for these. OO does not offer me the same complex options. When I tried to convert the doc to OO the graphics and boarders (etc.) didn't convert well. Therefore, it was useless for me to go that route.

Personally, it's just easier for me to use Word and something that is more compatible for pdf conversion. Having said that, I don't use PDF995 either so I don't know what anyone else's reasons are.
Kit Singleton

Postby KansasDragon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:57 pm

Kit,

I'd agree with you. If I do anything for a client, they almost always use Microsoft Word, and send it to me in that format.

For those situations I have a copy of Acrobat that I use.

For my own creation purposes I like OpenOffice.
KansasDragon

Postby Alan Petersen » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:07 am

You can open word doc's with open office and export open office docs as word docs.

I bought this software a couple years ago:

http://www.nuance.com/pdfconverter/professional/

But my last two e-books I've written with open office and exported as PDF. But the nuance software has a lot of bells and whistles but for simple converting to PDF it's overkill. :D
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby alexc » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:16 am

So I have used Acrobat, Office, OpenOffice, CutePDF, and a half-dozen other items that are supposed to create PDFs, but really just create a steaming pile of...do I really need to continue with this description?

At any rate, a little GIMP work can make a great cover, with just a little effort, OpenOffice can create all the content and linkage and poof, you can get youself a great looking document with free software.
alexc

Postby Shaye ~ proud wahm » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:36 pm

This is rather timely as my ebook content is almost done and I have been researching converting it to an ebook :)

I think that SIMPLE is best .... so whatever is simple for you and gives a professional result should be all that matters.

Shaye
Shaye ~ proud wahm

Return to Ebooks & Info Products