[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How to sell e-book • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to sell e-book

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:09 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

That's true Lynn...

Postby Jeanie » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:44 pm

Jeanie

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:33 am

I agree, PayPal is getting a bit more user-friendly, which is nice (esp for those that cater to newbies). I havent checked out their new shopping cart yet, but again - ThirdSphere offers a shopping cart that integrates with PayPal so I havent had a need to.

From what you said, I took it you've been burned (or ripped off) through Affiliate Marketing? I'd love to hear more about that, if you care to share...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

burnt no ...ripped off yes

Postby Jeanie » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:16 pm

Hi ya Lynn...
How's things with you tonight?
I wanted to reply about this topic before I leave for a few ZZzzz's.

I wasn't what you would call "burnt" but was ripped off by a few affilate sites that I had joined.
I was getting a few dollars here and there but working hours apon hours to promote it. I guess it just made me mad that the top dogs were pulling in the big money while the little dog did all the tricks lol. Ya know what I mean Lynn? lol. Sure you do :lol:

So I will never bother with affiliate marketing ever again. And besides, I have my own steady business now which has brought me many members and friends. I just designed Private Stash a few months ago and it has taken off like you wouldn't believe.
I started the price wayyyyy too low but wanted to give everyone a fair chance at getting an unforgettable deal. But soon I am adjusting the price to where it should be.

So what exactly are you involved with Lynn?
Jeanie

never mind....

Postby Jeanie » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:27 pm

Hey Lynn,
I just finished reading up on you so no need to tell me exactly what you do! lol You sound like an awesome person and hey congrats on all your success girl!
I always say anyone who can look after the elderly by choice and not profession is a really good hearted person. :wink:
Plus everything else you do here online for people.
WOW.
Jeanie

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:37 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:06 pm

Bonnie Lowe

sure ya can!

Postby Jeanie » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:13 pm

Jeanie

Postby Jeanie » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:29 pm

Jeanie

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:39 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Yeah we did go off topic lol...

Postby Jeanie » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:00 pm

Jeanie

Postby alice » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:42 am

Yes, you can do both...but do your affiliates a favor...have a completely different sales page for ClickBank than you do for any other payment methods.

As a ClickBank affiliate marketer, there's nothing more discouraging than sending traffic to a site that says you can pay by credit card or PayPal (for example). If they pay by PayPal I don't get a penny, even if I referred the sale.

alice
alice

Great point Alice,

Postby PattyGale » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:15 am

That is a very good point, Alice, and one that I will definitely take into consideration as someone who is also going to launch an ebook as well, hopefully in the next few weeks.

I had been wondering the best way to present it so as to deter theft and to get the most promotion for my time and appreciate the suggestions here.

Personally, I love the idea of enlisting affiliates to help sell my book. I don't necessarily think it's eating in to my profits considerably as I've already done the work of writing it, so why not enlist an "army" of others to help sell it, too.

I think the product gets much more exposure for the time involved that I would have to use in promoting by myself.

Just my opinion.

Patty
PattyGale

Postby koanwrangler » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:04 am

From a product developer's point of view- I LOVE my affiliates!

I've already done a lot of the work- the product is created and produced, I've hired a professional copywriter (do you have ANY idea how much that can cost?), the web site and sales page are rockin' and the Clickbank links are all operational.

The affiliate comes along, hits his/her list, and viola ( :D ) they make money, and I make money.

I'm sorry anybody had a negative experience as an affiliate- the answer, of course, is to become a "big dog." Like Lynn said, it's really not that hard.
koanwrangler

Postby networkmom » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:29 pm

Hello, After reading all these posts I wonder what it does actually take to make it in affiliate marketing? I have my own ebook and also market others but could never live off the income. I would love to know.

Thanks
Denise
networkmom

PreviousNext

Return to Ebooks & Info Products