[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - eBook compiling: Can I use frames in the HTML cuz I want... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

eBook compiling: Can I use frames in the HTML cuz I want...

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby BalloonTwister » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:45 pm

...to have, say, 7 ads appear 3x each. ie bottom of pages 1-7, 8-14, then in a column on p 20.

And I want to make this easy to recompile, cuz I (or minions I'll have to hire) will have to do this on (I hope eventually) thousands of copies of the same book.

I can't just let the readers do it with e-brander and the password cuz, to achieve viral momentum, only one of the ads changes for each paid copy.

I figure that with frames, I could just have all 7 ads on page 20, then have frames at the bottom of each page that target a certain line or whatever on the master list on pg 20. And, when recompiling, I'd only have to change one page rather than a couple dozen.

I'm figuring on .exe format books, probably made with eBook Paper. I believe that at least some ebook formats draw on the browser. If frames are used in an ebook, might there be the same compatibility problems as
there apparently are with some (older) browsers?

Or, alternately, are there other ways to get the layout I want, but still streamline the recompilation process?

Thanks in advance.
BalloonTwister

Return to Ebooks & Info Products