[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - An Ebook newbie • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

An Ebook newbie

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

An Ebook newbie

Postby The Ranting Writer » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:40 pm

Hi folks, I'm new to this board...so far I'm liking it!! :) I wrote a little intro in the general section, hope thats the right placefor it!

I'm starting a home based business and I'm thinking of buying an ebook from a website that was recommended to me. I don't really know much about these ebooks, even though I have the general gist that it's a book available online. Is there a website or something that have reviews of ebooks or ebook companies? Since I don't know much about it, I am kinda walking blindly through it! LOL
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The Ranting Writer

Postby scott » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:56 pm

Ranting,

I'm not sure what site is out there. Though I'm sure there are many.

You can also go to any search engine and do a search for the e-book name or Author name + review for example if you wanted to find a review for Chris Carpenter- Google Cash book you could type in:

"Google Cash" + review

or

Chris Carpenter + review

I bet you'll find what your looking for.

Hope this helps!

Scott
scott

Postby The Ranting Writer » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:09 am

The Ranting Writer

Postby scott » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:23 am

scott

Postby Hock Ng » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:09 am

Hi there,

I agree with Scott that you can find a lot of information using Google.
Just remember to use the " " when searching so that you get results only with the complete search phrase to narrow down the search results.

Also, you can kinda gauge the popularity of the author or ebook based on the number of results returned by Google. However, that doesn't mean anything in terms of the actual *quality* of the information contained in the ebook. So do your due diligence.

You can also ask questions on the various internet marketing forums just like you did on this one and most people will give you feedback based on their experience.

Good luck! :D

Hock
Hock Ng

Re: An Ebook newbie

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:34 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby The Ranting Writer » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:18 am

Thanks so much Hock and Lynn...I've found the link pretty quick on google, it seems a popular ebook so maybe that's a good sign. I saw this same book on ebay awhile back...that's horrible...I can't believe someone would buy a ebook and then sell it cheap online! Awful!

Thanks again!
Dana
The Ranting Writer

Postby ChristyK » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:06 am

I prefer to search for reviews by "book name" (or author) + forum.
I find that most sites that give reviews are doing it to earn affiliate sales so you never get negative reviews. Anyone notice that? I like to read through the forums where you'll get various responses.

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Postby eBookWriter » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:33 pm

Just a wonder . . . does this eBook have resale rights? Many eBooks are sold with resale rights. Sometimes you have to pay extra for them, but sometimes not. If this seller owns resale rights, and there were no restrictions on how much one has to charge, then it's not really a crime to resell on eBay,

It's a different story, however, if that person has no right to resell. In the description of the eBook, there should be a mention of whether the seller has those rights. If there is no such mention, and this isn't the original author selling the eBook, this person could be in a lot of trouble if reported.

I've bought a ton of eBooks. Some have resale rights and some don't. I haven't tried reselling any as of yet. But, I am thinking of putting together a CD to offer on eBay with some of those I do have rights for.

Again, check the description. If you bought the book yourself, and know for certain that there are no resale rights, you should alert the author. Alert eBay as well, but definitely alert the author.
eBookWriter

Postby Sandra » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:11 pm

Sandra
Elite Member

Return to Ebooks & Info Products