[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Selling Information question • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Selling Information question

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Selling Information question

Postby GaryBrad » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:42 pm

I have a potential ebook that I want to test on ebay because I currently do not have a web site. I'm done with the content portion and at a stage where I thought I would just make it a PDF file and sell it. I have learned there is much more to it then that. I assume I need a ebook cover to make it look good and a hosting company to sell and deliver it. That is fine but I promised m myself I would not spend another dime before I made something. I have no problem continueing to invest in this business but I just want to see something sell first if possible. So should I put this on a CD to keep cost down and offer it that way or spend more money to make it a ebook.
Thanks Gary
GaryBrad

An offer

Postby Warren Contreras » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:54 am

Hi Gary,

You don't need to spend any money to make it an eBook.If you're interested, I'll make you an offer.

Grab a free copy of Open Office online and create your own pdf free, then send me a copy and if I like it, I'll do a cover graphic for you free. I'll also host it for you on my website free too.

If you make a CD you still have production and shipping costs.

You may wonder why would a total stranger do all that for me? Don't worry, if you succeed I would love to have an alliance with you. If you don't, I may be able to get together with you on something else down the road.

I learned a long time ago that giving with no expectation of any return is a policy that returns HUGE dividends.

Your Call
Warren Contreras

Like you said, it sounds to good to be true but what the hec

Postby GaryBrad » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:13 pm

I'll give it a shot. Hey right now its sitting on my computer doing nothing yet so lead me Oh wise one. What do I do next?

GT4615@aol.com
Gary
GaryBrad

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:48 am

Hi Gary,

I'm just curious, but what general topic or niche is your product about?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Auto Glass Topic

Postby GaryBrad » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi Lynn

It is the topic of Auto glass repair/ windhield repair. I chose this topic because I know a great deal about it, for it is part of my business. I have been reading from a few of the info products guru's and they have all advised us to write about what we know provided there is a need. So when I put auto glass repair in overtures keyword search it come back at over 100,000. searchs so I thought I would give it a shot. It's like a consumer report designed to help guide people on what to do the next time they get a rock chip on their windshield. This is just my first try on something I've been wanting to do for quite some time.
Thanks Gary
GaryBrad

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:36 pm

Here's what I would recommend:

Put the finishing touches on your content, which includes: cover page, header/footer, table of contents, bio - or whatever you may still need to add to this content to make it a "product".

Have a graphic cover designed. Register a domain name. Set up a sales page, complete with order button (which requires setting up payment processing).

You will want to go ahead and set up the domain name and website ASAP, as it takes time to get established in the major search engines. Even if you set up a "squeeze page" or just an article on the topic, you do want the search engines to find and index your page that is related to the same keywords you will be using later when the book is selling.

Next, locate some webmasters who reach your target market, or who are in the same field as you perhaps, and submit a draft to them for review. This is a great way to get feedback on the value of your product, and also to collect testimonials. You can go back to these same people when you set up an affiliate program, and let them earn money for recommending it on their site or to their newsletter subscribers.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Do what, when, with who, for how long. Im confused

Postby GaryBrad » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:45 pm

GaryBrad

How about GoDaddy.com

Postby GaryBrad » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:38 am

Lynn
I thought all the things you told me to do would be expensive but with godaddy.com it looks like it's actually affordable. Is godaddy.com for real or just a lead in to sell you a bunch of other stuff?
PS. I still don't know what a squeeze page is.
Thanks Gary
GaryBrad

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:20 pm

Yes, a domain name is less than $10 for the year. You can get a hosting account for under $10 a month at HostGator.com - or you can use GoDaddy hosting if you like (I dont really like them, but people do use them).

You can shop around for a cover design - ask here on the forum, or post it in the Jobs section and see what kind of offers you get.

A Squeeze Page basically tells people about the product that is "coming soon" and invites them to sign up for your mailing list so that they can be notified by email when the product is available. It usually offers them an incentive to do so, like a free report or something related to your product.

You can do a search on Google for "squeeze page" too:
http://www.google.com/search?&q=squeeze+page

That will probably be helpful to you :)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Ebooks & Info Products