[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Ebook cover design • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Ebook cover design

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

14%
86%

Total votes : 7

Ebook cover design

Postby Hock Ng » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:53 am

Hock Ng

Postby alice » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:00 pm

I have eCover Generator and its results are mediocre. The samples they show you are certainly created by people with more graphic abilities than I..and are likely edited outside of the generator program.

I started with this using the generator (and I could never make the image smaller, so it was clear - it looked awful):

And then gave it to a graphic designer, who came up with this:

Having someone design your cover is certainly worth it. And yes, I think people will pay for quality. :)

Alice
alice

ebook cover

Postby jamjar » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:04 pm

jamjar

Postby webturtle » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:00 pm

webturtle

Postby Hock Ng » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:40 am

Thanks guys, for all your responses so far. I'll keep them in mind when I set up my site. By the way, if you need something designed, let me know. I'll trade ya for some testimonials.

Thanks!
Hock :D
Hock Ng

Postby eBookWriter » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:59 pm

It depends. I like to do my own just because I enjoy doing it. And everyone has to start someplace if they want to learn a new skill. Doesn't mean you're going to stick that first cover on something for sale, but you do have to begin somewhere. I've deleted all of my first attempts. And some of my latest. :)

Too, if you're running on a close to non existent budget, hiring someone may feel out of the question--even when you know it's probably the best way to go. You may know it's vital to your eBook's success, but your spouse, who knows nothing about this eBook thing, may feel it's not.

There is the possibility of bartering if the two parties are willing to check that option out.

That said, there are times when I'd love to just turn it over to someone else. I enjoy doing it, as I say, but more time to write---which I do much much better---would be nice. Nice? It'd be fantastic!

I didn't like what the Ebook Generator had to offer, so I didn't buy it. Not enough templates in the first place for the price you have to pay. I'm looking into others, but if a service came along with a price and product that thrilled me, I'd go for it.
eBookWriter

Postby Hock Ng » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:39 am

Hock Ng

Postby eBookWriter » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:10 am

eBookWriter

Postby kidino » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:38 am

kidino
Elite Member

Postby Hock Ng » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:25 am

Houston... we have lift-off! I've finally got this project off the ground. :D

You can visit the site at www.eproductcover.com

Thanks to those of you who provided your feedback and support!

Hock
Hock Ng

Return to Ebooks & Info Products