[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Are Ebooks a waste of money? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Are Ebooks a waste of money?

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Are Ebooks a waste of money?

Postby hp123 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:39 am

hp123

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:17 pm

They certainly dont sell as well now that everyone and their mother is publishing an ebook on one topic or another... not like, say, they did a year ago or more.

That said, the value is in the results in my opinion.

Since you can easily get an instant refund on almost any ebook purchase you make, there isnt very much risk involved in finding out whether the information is worth the price they are asking or not.

Personally, I find the info products extremely valuable. Of course, I'm choosy about what I purchase, and only buy the products that I am sincerely interested in or need at that time. And I especially like constantly-updated products, such as the SEO Ebook by Aaron Wall.

For products like that, $50 or $100 is a drop in the bucket compared to what you can earn once you apply the information.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Getagrip » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:15 pm

I've read a lot of ebooks on how to make money online. Here is what I've discovered:

There are some very GOOD ebooks out there, and there are some very BAD ebooks out there.

You have heard "not to judge a book by its cover" - I would also say "not to judge an ebook by its price". In some cases, you might find much more value in an ebook which costs $20, compared to one which cost $100. I would also say "not to judge an ebook by the sales page which promotes it". For example, the Affiliate Cash Vault has a very good sales page, but the product is HARDLY representative of the sales page - its a pretty weak product if you ask me. "The Silent Sales Machine Hiding On Ebay", on the other hand, has a rather unspectacular sales page...but is a very good product.
Getagrip

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:03 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:20 pm

There is absolutely a lot of crap out there that is just rehashed over and over again.

I grabbed a copy of Jeremy Palmer's "High Performance Affiliate Marketing" and liked it. A lot of information and updated on a regular basis. The updates are free.

Anything that I've read by Ken Evoy is really good. At a special price of free, you can't beat it.

It's definitely the information provided and whether or not you can get it somewhere else. If you get someone who really knows their stuff and is honestly trying to help people, you'll have a winner.
Oregon Coast Guy

Return to Ebooks & Info Products